Chapter 5

Bailey's P.O.V

Poor Jenna... She just lost her sister... She's been holed up in her room for days. She won't talk to anyone.

I thought when she found out Kyle was dead the mourning was gonna be bad... But now we were on a whole new level of bad...

I walk up the steps to Jenna's house and her mom answers the door.

When she sees me she sighs, "Bailey for the last time, Jenna doesn't want to talk to anyone..." her eyes are red and she looks exhausted.

"Please Mrs Selbey, maybe I can get through to her..." I say.

She heaves another sigh before stepping aside and opening the door wide. "She's in her room."

"Thank you," I step inside and run up the stairs to Jenna's room.

I knock softly on her bedroom door.

"Ugh, no mother I do not want to play clue with you! Or Monopoly or any game for that matter!" I hear Jenna's voice come from the other side of the door.

I place my hand on the door handle and slowly open the door.

"Hey Jen- Holy shit," I stop when I see her room.

There's a shattered mirror on the wall. There was stuffed animals thrown all over her room. Her blankets were torn off her bed and her dresser was on the floor, perfume bottles smashed and lotions everywhere.

"What the hell happened in here?" I ask.

Jenna shrugs. Her appearance is the same as her mother's... Red eyes from crying, messy hair, exhausted looking.

I walk over and sit on the edge of the bed as if approaching a wild animal.

"Jenna, if you're still in there blink twice," I say, holding her shoulders, trying to lighten the mood.

She pushes my arms away. "Shut up, Bailey," she grumbles.

"Woah, someone's grumpy," I sigh.

"Oh, I'm sorry, my sister is dead Bailey! Did you expect me to throw a tea party?!" she snaps and I am shocked into silence.

After a few minutes of silence I ask, "Did you do this to your room?"

"It helps me calm down," she mumbles and I scoff.

"It makes a mess is what it does!" I say, "Now come on, get up, get showered, we aren't gonna find Jailin's killer with you sitting around like this!"

Jenna grabs a comforter and throws it over her head. "Just go away and let me mourn my sister!" She screams.

Oh boy... This was not good...

I place my hand on her shoulder and she reaches up and swats it away.

"I said go away!" Jenna grabs her lamp and throws it at the wall and it shatters.

Okay, after we get her through Jailin's death we are seriously getting her anger management classes.

"Breaking things isn't going to help!" I say.

"Get out now or the next thing gets thrown at your head!" she says.

Wow, vicious.

I pull out a notebook from my bag. "Just hear me out okay?"

I watch as Jenna's hands clench into fists. "Fine..." she mumbles.

"Okay , so first off, Sarah was killed because she "stabbed someone in the back," Kyle was killed because he broke someone's heart and Jai-" I am cut off by a strangled scream.

Jenna and I get up and run down the hall to her mother's room.

Lying on the bed is Jenna's mother. The window is open and a book is lying on the floor... Her mother must have been reading it...

I slowly walk over to her mother. I check for a pulse... Nothing...

"Dead..." I whisper.

"Bailey... Look..." Jenna points to the wall.

Written in... wait was that crayon? A murderous monster wrote a deadly message in crayon? Nice one.

I look up at the message: Her daughter was suffocating me, so I suffocated her.

This was getting worse. I look over at Jenna's horrified expression.

She grabs a pillow and screams into it.