Chapter 6

Allysa's P.O.V

I walk into Jenna's house and she's sitting on the couch hugging a pillow. Her eyes are red and her hair is ruffled. The place is trashed.

"Wow, what the hell happened in here?" I ask Bailey who is sitting on a chair looking exhausted.

"She has a bit of an anger problem..." Bailey says and sighs, "The murderer got into the house and... and killed her mother..."

"Oh no..." I whisper trying to replace the smile that was appearing into a frown.

God, her mother was way too easy to kill. Just keep feeding her excuses and she's like putty in your hands.

"Hey Jenna, where's your dad?" I ask.

"My...dad...?" she says slowly.

"Yeah, you know the person who helped in giving you life?" I say.

"He's... at a business meeting.. out of town... he should be back tonight..." Out of nowhere she screams and I duck under a lamp that she throws, "Freaking idiot! His wife and his daughter died and he's working!"

"Jenna! Breathe!" Bailey kneels in front of Jenna and grabs onto her shoulders.

I try not to laugh at seeing Jenna this way. Jenna was always calm, cool and collected. I'd already gotten her to the brink of madness and I haven't even killed her dad yet!

As if on cue her dad bursts through the door.

"Jenna..." he breathes, not paying attention to the mess his daughter caused.

Jenna runs into his arms obviously forgetting about how angry she was at him a moment ago. She sobs.

"Daddy," she whispers.

"I came as soon as I heard... traffic..." he mumbles into her hair.

Bailey and I stand there in awkward silence.

You've been gone... for a month... and in that time so far... Sarah, Kyle, Jailin, and mom have been killed by some psychotic killer..." Jenna whispers.

"Kyle... I never liked him really..." her dad says.

Jenna stares up at her dad horrified.

"Kidding..." he says, "Bad time?"

I laugh and Bailey gives me an icy glare.

Jenna goes back to her position on the couch, hugging her pillow.

Her dad sighs. "I-uh, I'll be back," he runs out the door, slamming it in the process. He was probably going to drink his problems away. Typical father. Doesn't care that his daughter is grieving.

Now was my chance.

"I-uh-gotta go finish some homework!" I say before running out.

I run outside just in time to see Jenna's dad speeding off down the road.

Ugh, dammit.

I go into the backyard and grab Jenna's bike. I bike in the direction Jenna's dad went in until I see his car again.

He turns down a back road and I follow. This was not the way to the bar. Where the hell was he going?

I seriously hope he stops soon; my legs were burning like hell. I really needed to get more exercise.

Finally, FINALLY, he stops. He climbs out of the car and his whole body is trembling. He stumbles into the woods.

What the hell was happening?

I drop the bike and follow him into the woods.

I stand behind a tree and watch. Before I know it, I'm staring at a beautiful black wolf.

It tilts its head back and howls.