Chapter 7

Jenna's P.O.V

                My dad just arrives home now! Jailin has been dead for two days now! Clearly his wife was more important than his daughter because he didn't feel he needed to come as quickly.

I've been here grieving over my mother and sister and he hugs me for a second before running out. He was probably going to drink his face off!

You know what? No! I'm not just going to sit here balling my eyes out. I NEVER cried!

It was time to clean myself (and the house) up.

I stand up and wipe my tears and walk to my room.

"Jenna? Where are you going?" Bailey asks, following me up the stairs, "I think you've broken everything upstairs."

"I'm going to shower. That's still a thing right?" I laugh but Bailey doesn't laugh with me.

I turn around and Bailey is staring at me like I'm insane. Oh sure, I'm insane when I want to shower, but when I'm tearing my living room apart that's completely normal!"

"Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask.

Bailey just shakes her head, "Uh nothing, go ahead and shower, I'll wait in your room..." She says.

I nod and spin on my heels to go shower. I wasn't about to let that monster get away with killing my family.

After my shower I go back to my room and grab a duffel bag. I start shoving anything insight (that's not broken) that could be used as a weapon into the duffel bag.

"Um Jenna? What are you doing?" Bailey asks.

"I'm going to kill whatever thing is killing my family!" I say.

Bailey laughs. "Uh Jenna, I think you're losing it... You can't just go out looking for the thing without a plan! It's suicide! And besides I don't think you will be able to kill it with a pencil," Bailey says as she watches me shove a pencil into the bag.

"Uh right..." I pull it out and throw it on the floor before turning to look at Bailey, "I have to at least try to catch this thing..."

"Remember what it said? You're next! Once your dad is dead it's coming for you!"

"Oh no! My dad! We let him go alone! He could get killed!" I say, "Come on!"

I sling the duffel bag over my shoulder and run down the stairs with Bailey on my heels.

"What's the quickest way to the bar?" I ask.

"Um by car?" Bailey says.

"I don't have my license! Ugh theirs bikes in the backyard," I run to the backyard and see that my bike is gone. Dammit!

"If you want to save your dad we have to take your moms car!" Bailey says.

"I can't drive yet!" I shriek.

"You're gonna have to learn eventually, lets go!"

I groan and follow bailey to my mom's car.

I get into the car and buckle my seatbelt. "I don't get why you can't drive," I mumble, starting the car.

I press the gas and nearly run into the house.

"Might want to put it in reverse," Bailey says.

"Yeah thanks captain obvious!" I say as I put the car in reverse. I back out of the driveway with turtle like speed.

I put it back in forward and speed off down the road.

"Geez Jenna! Slow down!" Bailey says while gripping the door handle.

I ignore her and continue speeding, hoping I don't run into the police.

I'm about to speed past the woods before Allysa stumbles out and I'm forced to step on the breaks. Bailey and I both slam forwards against our seatbelts. I honk, making Allysa jump and look up.

Allysa's clothes are ripped and torn. I look to the side of the road and see my bike and my dad's car.

I get out of the car and run towards Allysa.

"Wha-what happened?!" I ask her. She was covered in blood and...fur?

Your dad is a-he's a-a werewolf!" she says, "I- I came out here to protect him from the demon and next thing I knew he was a werewolf! The demon came! I-I tried to stop it but I couldn't! Your dad is..."

I didn't let her finish before I run into the woods. Sure enough there's my dad... covered in leaves and blood.

Dead. My dad was dead... I was officially an orphan...