Chapter 14

Bailey's P.O.V

                I felt myself suffocating. My lungs were closing and I couldn't breathe. I wasn't able to move or open my eyes. I wasn't able to stop it so I let it happen.

But just as soon as it had started, it stopped and I took in a huge gulp of air.

I could hear voices. I recognized the male voice from before, but the female voice... where had I heard it before...?

I heard the sound of the door slam and then a sigh.

The man comes over and presses something cold against to my chest.

"Hm... Good..." he mumbles before I hear footsteps and a door open and close.

Alone again...

My eyes flutter slightly, trying to open but it doesn't work.

"Jenna..." I manage to mumble into the room but my eyes stay closed.

***

"I think your daughters condition is improving ma'am," the man says.

"Really?" the woman says, hopefully.

I feel my hand lift from the bed. "Bailey? Honey? Can you hear me?"

In response I squeeze her hand lightly. I hear a squeal of delight. "Honey, please wake up..." I feel a kiss planted on my hand, "Please..." she whispers.

My eyes flutter as I try to wake up again.

"Doctor, doctor, I think she's trying to wake up!" the woman says.

Slowly the world takes place around me as I slowly open my eyes.

I'm lying down in a hospital room wearing the ugliest hospital gown I've ever seen.

"Oh my god, Bailey!" A woman with long, brown, wavy hair wraps her arms around me.

I hear and ear splitting scream and I wonder who it is that's screaming before I realize it's me.

***

"Bailey, Bailey sweetie, calm down!" the woman says as I scream and thrash around the bed.

I crawl off the bed and scurry into the far corner away from the woman. I look over at the man who is now holding a sharp looking needle.

I hold out my hands. "Stay away from me!" I say, my voice coming out raspy.

"It's okay," the man says reassuringly and moves closer to me.

"I said stay away!" I shriek, darting for the other side of the room.

The man goes to follow me but the woman holds up her hand. "I'll handle this doctor, can you leave me alone with my daughter please?"

This woman was my... mother?

The man nods and leaves the room. The woman-no, my mother- turns back to me.

"Now honey, do you remember who you are?" my mother asks.

I open my mouth to speak but no words come out. I didn't know who I was.