Chapter 10

Jenna's P.O.V

Burning. All I could feel was a burning sensation inside of me.

I was dying but at the same time I was very aware of everything around me.

My eyes were closed but I could still see. My lungs were closing but I could still breathe.

The other side. I was on the other side of the living. Where my parents were. Where my sister was. Where Kyle was.

I didn't want to die but I wanted to be with them.

Allysa... My best friend... Had done this to me... Had cursed me to the fate of death...

"Jena..." I heard the fait whisper of someone calling my name.

Without knowing exactly how my head turned towards the voice. Standing or rather floating there was my mother.

She looked so beautiful. She was wearing a long white dress with a white flower crown on her head. Her golden hair flowed out behind her although there was no wind. She was literally glowing...

"M-" I was unable to talk or move, all I could do was stare at her.

She beckons me forward but still I am unable to move.

She begins walking away and I urgently try to get up. I ignore the pain and burning inside of me as I get to my feet. I could feel my body slowly dying...

"You have a choice Jenna," My mom says in a soft angelic voice, "You can-"

She doesn't get to finish before she disappears and Allysa appears in front of me. Her face is twisted into the demon I saw when she killed me and she has an evil grin on her face.

"Make the right choice," Allysa chuckles and winks at me.

I scream and collapse to the ground, covering my ears. "Get out of my head!"

She disappears and my mom is once again standing over me, a confused expression on her face.

"Jenna?" she says.

I clutch my stomach and curl into a ball, not bothering to get up from the ground. "S-sorry..." I mumble, "You were saying I- I had a choice? What choice...?"

"You can go back... Fix what Allysa did... Or you can stay here... Living with the grief of knowing you couldn't avenge your murder..." she says.

"I can go back...? Like... I'll be alive again...? I ask.

"Well... no, not exactly alive... But you will be in the land of the living..." She says.

So I had a choice... I could go back to avenge myself or I can stay here, unhappy.

Hell I'm going back.

"I'll do it," I say, "I have to go back and finish what I started.

My mom nods. "Follow me," she says and we continue walking. Just as I think we'll never stop a tunnel appears. I stare at it confused.

"Go on," my mom gives me a shove and I step inside the tunnel.

Before I can figure out what's happening I'm sliding down the tunnel, towards the light.

Oh crap, in the movies moving towards the light was not good!

I squeeze my eyes shut and I soon stop moving.

The pain inside me was gone. I open my eyes and see the street lights and cars bustling around me.

I was back.

}