Chapter 8

"Here is my door," Lucy said. "Thank you for the meal. It was lovely." She wasn't lying completely. Sure it had been as uncomfortable as hell trying to find some common ground but there were bits that she enjoyed.

"It was a nice night," Daniello admitted.

With a laugh at his blatant surprise, Lucy stepped toward her door and searched for her key. "Good night."

Daniello caught her by the wrist and gently tugged her around. "Leaving me so soon?" He had a coy smile on his face and his eyes softened as they settled on her upturned face.

"Err. Yes. This is my door, remember?"

He pulled her toward him until her body was firmly wedged against his. "I don't do this often but - my god you are so gorgeous." His warm breath tickled the sensitive hollows of her inner neck.

He doesn't do sympathy sex often? "Thank you." She tugged her hand away, backing toward the door.

"Come here," Daniello captured her cheeks between his hands and brought his mouth down to kiss her. She could feel the heat of his body, and smell his cologne. It started to make her feel giddy. Desire filled her body. His lips were teasing hers making her heart skip a beat. His arms wrapped around her body and brought her crushing against him. He dragged his lips away from hers and caught her ear lobe softly between his teeth. "Give me your keys. We need privacy."

"No, Daniello." Her voice husky with desire.

His eyes searched hers soulfully. "Do you want me to take you right here in the doorway?"

"No," her voice caught. Whether she was scared or excited she couldn't tell. Her heart had started racing.

"Then give me your keys."

"I think you should go back to your room."

"You want it as much as I do, Lucy. I saw the way you were looking at me over dinner." His thumb ran across her lower lip before he dropped a kiss there. He dragged her body against his, she could feel every inch of him through the flimsy fabric which separated them. Daniello's hands grabbed at the hem of her dress and started tugging it up over her thighs.

"I said no," Lucy said. And a second later her dinner date was airborne.