I Need You

Five hours seemed to have gone by with Namjoo's back numb against the wall. The night only got darker as she looked around. The twinkling stars almost looked like they were waving at her from a distance, but there was no peace in it. Instead all she was conscious of was how heavy his head was on her shoulder and how he was weighing her down.

He cried for such a long hour earlier and when he'd suddenly gone quiet she wasn't sure whether to deem him asleep or not.

"S...sir?" Namjoo questioned.

She received no reply, but felt him shift his head against her. Pressing her lips together she reached up to try and push him back, barely succeeding because he was such a dead weight. Her heart thrust a little faster when he fell forward against her and moved his head closer to her neck as if snuggling with her.

Namjoo unexpectedly felt her blood rush and her heart beat even faster. She felt awkward, blank, surprised and shock all at once. The last thing she'd expected was to feel herself heat up for someone like this. At least she was certain that he was asleep.

Suddenly prying her emotions away she forcefully shoved him off, her hands clutching tightly onto his shoulders as his head lolled back.

"Sir?" Namjoo called out in an attempt to wake him. "Sir."

She gently shook him hoping that he'd come to his senses. Luhan's eyes thinly opened to glance at her, but closed again. Reaching her hand out on instinct to touch his forehead she realized that he was burning up.

Realizing that it was impossible to carry him to his bed she shook him awake again, "Sir...sir, you need to wake up. Just for a bit."

Namjoo tried to get on her knees to heave him up and locked her arm around him for a better hold.

"Sir..." Namjoo tried once more. "Come on...cooperate with me for just a moment."

His breathing bounced off her hair, but he at least stood for her and that was all he did. As soon as he stood he became deadweight against her again.

"Where's your bedroom?" Namjoo asked a little breathlessly.

Luhan was so much heavier than she imagined. Namjoo thought he was pretty thin, but she'd thought wrong.

Unstably backing up she felt her legs tremble underneath their weight. Another and another unsteady step made her fear that she'd really lose balance and they would have to start from square one. She ended up gripping onto his shirt as she struggled the rest of the ten minutes in search of his bedroom.

It almost felt like an hour before she finally laid him down on his bed and propped his legs up onto the bed. Barely out of breath she leaned over to check on the bandage around his wrist. It was still secure, but would need a change. If he came to the hospital one of the nurses would do it for him, but it was alright as is.

Pulling the blanket up to tuck him in she rechecked his forehead and walked away. As she made her way into his homey yellow kitchen she almost tripped over the mess in his house four or five times. Everything was just all over the place! Namjoo felt like she was swimming through a dump.

The search for some kind of towel took her almost another ten minutes before she resorted to one of the drying towels hanging off the handle of the oven. When she made it back to Luhan she wiped some of the steaming sweat off his face with cautious care. Not once did his eyes flicker open, but he slept as if he was dreaming a good dream. At the doorway she stared at the mess of his house and heaved a very deep breath somehow feeling flustered and frustrated.

How he'd lived like this was something she wouldn't understand.

Namjoo took too searching for a garbage bag and made her journey around his small apartment picking up after him. The amount of space available inside didn't amount to the litter sitting around. It was just horrendous!!