Chapter eight

Katniss's POV

                After me and Rue make the plan I jog to the lake and see the pyramid and I see the smoke from the first fire and i smile as they run twoards it and the gaurd sits there with his spear and when i am about to come out from my hidding place Foxface runs out and jumps around and grabs a pack and runs for it and then the boy runs after her. I come out of my hidding place and aim my arrow at a bag of apples and shoot. It rips it slightly and I aim again and then shoot and the apples come in a avalanche and then the pyramid explodes. It sends me flying fifty feet and when i hit the ground i cover my face from ashes.

       When I stand I see them coming back and I run for my life. When I stop for a rest I do the four note tone and the mockingjays bounce it around the woods. "KATNISS!" Rue screams and I panic. I run to her screams and find her tangled in a net. I rush over to her and cut her from it and she hugs me hard. "It's okay... Your okay." I say with a smile and then Marvel runs up and throws his spear and I shoot my arrow and it goes into his chest. I turn and see the spear in Rue's chest and she pulls it out slowly and then falls to the ground and I ease her down. I unzip her coat and see blood gushing out of the wound and I gasp with sobs. My belly cradles her head as tears run down her cheeks. "It's okay you're going to be okay." I say, trying to suck in my sobs and she grips my hand. "Katniss." I look down at her as tears stream down her face.

            "You have to win." I nod slowly and then she sniffles. "Will you sing?" I nod slowly. "Okay." Then I start the quiet lullaby.

          "Deep in the meadow, under the willow. A bed of grass a soft green pillow. Lay down your head and close your sleepy eyes and when again they open the sun will rise. Here it's safe, here it's warm, here the daisy will gaurd you from every harm, here your dreams are sweet and tomorrow brings them true, here's the place where I love you."

                    I look down and her brown eyes are frozen onto mine with death. I close her eyes and kiss her four head and then I feel tears running down my cheeks and I kiss her four head again. "I'm sorry." I whisper. Then I notice it's not my fault but the Capitols... If she never gotten chosen she would not be dead... But then again I did make that idiotic plan. In anger and frustration I throw my bow and scream and rest my head on her unmoving chest. 

          She need's a memorial and i am going to give it to her. I walk over to the queen anne lace's with my knife and start cutting them from the ground. When I have gotten the flowers I want I put them all around her and make a bouquet of purple flowers, yellow, pink, and white. I put it over the ugly wound and kiss her four head one last time. I grab my bow and start walking away from my dead friend but then turn. I bring my three middle finger's up to my lips and hold them to the air and stand there for a few moment's, saying goodbye in my head. "Goodbye l Rue... I promise I will win." Then I walk away with a silent tear rolling down my cheek.

                   OMG SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD!!!! :((((( I had to swallow my sadness for this part and write it... GOD I HATED THIS PART IN THE BOOK!!!! ANYWAY COMENT AND VOTE WHILE I TRY NOT TO CRY... LISTEN TO RUE'S LULLABY BY UNNIFICOL SCORE IT WILL MAKE THING'S A WHOLE LOT SADDER!