False Victory

Katniss's POV three months later

                                              I sit in the rocking chair, nursing Blaze as a thunderstorm rages outside. Blaze snuffles and I hold her close in our new house. Prim walks in slowly, rubbing her eyes with a sigh. "Prim I'm sorry, did I wake you?"  She shakes her head. "Nope, just use to her feeding schedual still from when you couldn't really move for the first month." Icouldn't really move around because I was so weak from the games. She sits on the floor in front of me and looks up at me. "Do you love Gale Katniss." I look at her and her big blue eyes. "I don't know." I whisper and then Blaze burps. I giggle and then a clap of thunder comes and she whimpers with milk dribbling down her chin. I hold her close after I lifted my sweater and kiss the top of her head.

              She remembers when she was in the cave, with the tunder and lightning and all. "Mommy's here, it's okay." I whisper and kiss her nose. Prim strokes her soft hair, knowing how hard it is for me to cope.

                                                   Gale's POV flashback

    I walk through the woods to meet with Katniss and then I see her standing up and mumbling to herself. I cough and she gasps. Tears run down her cheeks as the leaves fall around us in the fall wind. Her arms wrap around my neck and she bursts into tears and I hold her close. "I thought you would never talk to me again... After meeting Peeta." She shakes her head. "You're my best friend I could never do that to you."  She rests her hands on my cheeks. "We have a beautiful daughter." I nod slowly and laugh quietly.

                        "She is gorgeous, just like you." We walk to the hill and talk for a while. "Did you like it when you kissed him?" She is pulling at the grass and looks up at me. "I'm not going to lie to you... I did feel some things but I just don't know how I feel about you or Peeta, my main priorities right now is raising Blaze." That kind of breaks my heart and she stands slowly. "It doesn't mean anything yet but it may change." Then she leaves.          

                      Sorry its short!!! comment and vote!!!

      Katniss's POV

             "Come on Blaze you can do it!" I say and try to help her sit up. I let go of her head and she smiles widely and she falls sideways onto the carpet giggling, holding her feet. Prim laughs and tries. "Come on Blaze it's so easy!" She says holding her in a sitting position. She kisses her four head before letting go and then she lets go. She looks at me and Prim and I gasp. "Finally!" Then Buttercup comes over and purrs, rubbing up against her. She giggles when his tail tickles her sensitive skin. She falls sideways, laughing hysterically.