Fall Of White Roses

Chapter One

          Katniss's POV 

                                         I kick a clump of coal dust and sigh. "I've lost everything... Peeta, Cinna, Blaze-" I have to stop myself there before I can burst into tears. I brush my tears away quickly and let out a shuddering breath. "Katniss, do I have to come down?" I see I have my elbows on my knees and my head braced between my hands, looking on the verge of a mental breakdown.

             I stand and wave off Gale's offer. "No I'm fine." I keep walking through the ashes of District Twelve and have memories flashing through my mind. Me running through the meadow with my father chasing me as I giggle, holding Prim as a infant, wrapping my arms around her after I came back from the games with Blaze, then teaching Blaze how to sit up. It is her first birthday today and it has hit home hard. They said that they wouldn't tell me the fate of my child until I agree to be the MockingJay... So I came here to think it over. 

                "Katniss; this is your daughter that we are talking about and she needs you." Then I press on my earpiece. "Gale, bring me up." The ladder comes down and I grab it, freezing on. As it takes me up. When I am back on I sit at the table Gale is sitting at and he sees the sack I have.

              "What's in-" The terrible mew of ButterCup comes and he giggles, rolling his eyes. "I knew you loved that damn cat." I roll my eyes. "I picked him up just because of Prim." Then He takes my hand and rubs the top of my palm with his thumb. "We'll find her."

                  I nod slowly and he kisses my hand gently and I sigh. When we get back to the conference room Coin sits in the front with her wrinkling face showing her age through her vibrant blond hair. Everyone turns and I look at her and nod slowly. "I agree to be the MockingJay, but I need to know where my daughter is." Coin looks at Pultarch and he nods slowly and she sighs. "Your mentor saved her life."

            I look at her and swallow. "Is she with him, safe?" She nods slowly and then I grow angry. "Why did you keep me scared half to death that she was with Peeta in the Capitol? I already have enough shit on my plate!" "Miss. Everdeen the arrangements were made for your daughters safety... You were and are mentally unstable."