Chapter Nine

Katniss's POV

         I sob hard, leaning against a tree trunk and wonder why no one can hear me. Then after a few hours I stop and stare up at the sky and close my eyes with a sigh. Then I hear Cladius in the air. "Hello tributes I have a announcement... The rule of one winner has been suspended and two tributes from the same district can be victorious! Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favor. "Peeta." I whisper. I grab my bow and walk over to the stream where Rue said she saw Peeta.

Peeta's POV

       I'm so thirsty that my tongue feels like sand paper and my leg burns with infection as I blend in with the rocks. "My times up I guess."  I say to myself and close my eyes then my mind starts screaming. "What about Katniss? You're going to leave her in the games pregnant and due any day now? No you're not!" Then I hear footsteps and right when they are about to walk over me I grab their ankle, not caring who it is. I hear a gasp. "Oh my god, Peeta!" My eyes fly open when I see her and the concern in her grey eyes. "Katniss." I whisper and she kneels down next to me. Her belly has grown but she can still move around easily. She moves the rocks and moss from my chest and hugs me close to her and rest her cheek in my hair. She lets out a sigh and she looks at my cracked lips. She grabs her water bottle and brings it to my lips. 

               "Drink... I have had my fill." She whispers and I drink all of the bottle and sigh. Then she looks down at my leg as she grabs a cloth, dampens it, and dabs the wound. "What was it?" She asks. "A sword, pretty bad huh?" "You're going to be fine." Then she keeps dabbing the wound and I hold in my moans and then look up at her. "Katniss." She shushes me and I stay quiet for a moment. "Katniss I-" "No I'm not going to leave you, I'm not going to do that." She says and keeps dabbing the slice. "Why not?"

                                                                    XxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxXxX

                   We find a cave and she lays me down on the sleeping bag after we settled in. "No one's going to find you here." She whispers and i look down at my leg. "I don't know how long I'm going to be here." "We'll just get you some medicine." "I don't get much parachutes Katniss." I whisper. "We'll figure something out." She says quietly. "Like what?" "Something." She leans down and gives me a soft kiss on the cheek and I gape at her. Then my eyes start drooping and then I hear her walk out of the cave at the sound of a parachute. I open my eyes and watch her as she draws her bow but then lowers it and grabs a parachute and walks back in with a irritated look on her face. ( Haymitch's comment, You call that a kiss?")"What is it?" I ask and she opens it. "Soup."

    I go to grab it but she pushes my hand away. "No i'll feed you." As she feeds me the soup I can see the dark circles under her eyes and then I just want her to lay down. "Katniss you don't have to do this." "Well you fed me once." She whispers and I look at her. "After I gave you the bread I watched you go home from school everyday... Everyday." She gives me a confused look. "I remember when the teacher asked if anyone knew the valley song and your hand shot straight up." "Stop." She whispers. Then I look at her grey eyes. "Well say something." "I'm not good at saying something." I swallow. "Then come here... Please that's all I want." She sets down the soup and lays down next to me and lays her head on my chest and I sigh when I feel her heat next to me and then I close my eyes through the haze of fever and find sleep.

                 Gale's POV

                               My heart breaks when I see her sleeping with Peeta and I look down at the skin I was trying to sell and swallow. "Gale... You know what you said to her before she left was going to bite you in the ass, but you know I am a old crazy woman." Sae says and I look down again. "It just hurts."  "And I bet it hurt too when you said that she and the baby wasn't your problem anymore... So I guess this kid is ready for something to change." I nod slowly and look up to see his hand slide onto her belly in his sleep and then I hear her sigh and move closer. "I will always love her Sae... I hope you know that." "But she may not do the same Gale." I nod and let one tear roll down my cheek and I take in a shuddering breath.

Please comment and subscribe!!!!!!! LUV YA ALL :)))) What do you think of Gale and Sae's little talk???? LET ME KNOW