0.5

lukes pov

today is the day of the carnival calum invited michael to, and im really looking forward to it. i love everything about carnivals. the food, the rights, and people-watching, for sure. also, i get to hang out with two of my new best friends, and michael. ever since weve had to share a room together, i feel like weve actually become closer. oh, and i have a teensy crush on him. oops.

we have classes off today, so i laid on top of my bedsheets in my boxers and scrolled through netflix to find a movie for a while before i heard michael start shuffling around, turning over so he was facing me. i saw his eyes peek open a bit, but honestly i dont care if hes looking at me. even though i got really uncomfortable yesterday, it was just because im not used to people looking at me like he was. but right now hes simply waking up, so im not really worried about him.

eventually i found a movie called i killed my mother, which is a foreign film, but it looks interesting so i put it on.

"why dont you just put it on my tv? i love that movie." i jumped at the sound of michaels voice. i looked over at his bed and he was sitting up against his wall, waiting for my reply.

"but then how would i see it?" i pointed to the black box that was set up right above my bed.

"you can come sit over here?" he patted the bed next to him, and i bit my lip.

"i- uh, i guess thats fine." he grinned and scooted over so i had room. he put the movie on and we sat in silence, reading the subtitles as the movie went on. i had my hands placed on either sides of my sprawled out legs, still in only my boxers since, again, i dont care about michaels stares. eventually i felt michael shift around, his hand resting on top of mine for a second before i quickly pulled mine away. i took a brief glimpse at michael, whos face was a light shade of pink. im not sure why. he is, as i was shown the other day, very straight.

"what time does the carnival start?" i asked, looking at the clock to see it was already almost noon.

"i think it starts at two, but calum said him and ashton would pick us up at around four." i nodded in acknowledgment before focusing on the movie again, enjoying the quiet.

***

eventually i fell back asleep, but woke up to see michael watching a different movie and laughing.

"what movie is this?" i asked, my voice sounding rough and tired.

"its called gbf. i found it in the ga- recommended for me list." he coughed before returning his attention to the screen.

"what time is it?"

"almost four. ashton and calum should b-"

"open the goddamn door, clifford!" we soon heard a voice from the other side of the door yell before someone else giggled.

"-be here right now, i guess." he grinned and got up to get the door. i quickly realized that i was still in only my boxers, and i rushed to find at least some jeans. i managed to pull them on before michael opened the door. i grabbed a random shirt and put it over my head before they came in.

"hey guys." i heard michael greet as the two guys walked in, their hands intertwined.

"wait, what?" i motioned to their hands and they laughed.

"this guy asked me out yesterday!" ashton nudged calum, who just smiled at him. "im sorry i forgot to tell you. weve liked each other for while actually."