0.6

*michael's pov*

shit. i kissed luke. i actually kissed him. and he kissed me back. honestly, i dont know what i was thinking. he just looked so perfect in that ferris wheel cart... no. shut up michael.

the only way i could think of not talking about what happened is not talking at all and avoiding him, which would be a challenge since we kind of were roommates.

i decided i could wake up before him so i could get out and go for a walk. but it was at about 5:47 am that i realized i smelled like smoke and cotton candy from the carnival, so i thought id take a quick shower.

thats when my plan, well, failed.

i had just gotten out of the shower when i heard footsteps coming from outside the door. "shit," i groaned as i looked around frantically for a towel. as soon as i finally saw one, i heard the door creak open. i looked up to see luke, who made a small, quiet noise and closed his eyes before rushing out of the bathroom. i grabbed the towel and ran out after him.

honestly, i meant to say something along the lines of sorry i was up so early, i shouldve told you. but instead, asshole michael kicked in. "what the hell, dude! first you kiss me, then you come in while im fucking naked?!" i know that what i said was partially a lie, but i couldnt help it.

"excuse me?" luke chucked and rolled his eyes at me. "it was you that kissed me."

well, fuck. "ha, y-you wish," i replied with a stutter and felt my face burning before rushing back into the bathroom. i could feel my heart beating against my chest and my cringed at my red-faced reflection in the mirror. i wish i couldve said something nicer to luke, but i just couldnt tell him the truth.

soon i heard the front door to the room shut and i peeked out the bathroom door before coming out, seeing luke had left. i put on some clothes and dialed ashtons number, knowing he could help me out.

"is this about luke?" ashton said immediately after he picked up.

"possibly. can you come over?"

"sure, ill be over in a few." im so grateful to have friends like ashton.

after a few minutes of me sitting in silence as my hair dripped on my comforter, there was a knock at the door. "open up, mikey!"

i pulled open the door and let ashton in, who ran to my bed and sat there, smiling like a young boy on christmas day.

"so what happened at the carnival last night? did any sparks fly?" he made a weird exploding hand motion as he said that, and i bit my lip and shrugged.

"okay so heres the deal." i explained what happened, from me kissing him to accusing him this morning and he smirked.

"mikeys in love!" he yelled, and i told him to be quiet since it was still quite early in the morning. "okay, so you think he hates you now?" i nodded, and he shook his head. "nope, hes with cal right now. hes updating me, see?" he held out his phone and i took it, scrolling through the messages.

cal: luke said that michael kissed him at the carnival last night! awh, how romantic

cal: wait, luke just said that michael got mad at him?

cal: so i guess michael refused to admit to kissing him last night, and luke thinks that hes just toying with him as a revenge thing i guess?

i put my hands on my face and groaned after handing the phone back. "i fucked this all up. he hates me now. what the hell am i supposed to do?"

"just tell him the truth." i looked up at ashton with scrunched-up eyebrows, as if asking what he meant. "just tell him you made a mistake this morning and that you really do like him. i dont really know what else if he doesnt believe that." he looked at me apologetically before standing up. "i need to head out, i said id meet calum somewhere. see you later, mikey." he ruffled my hair and i let out a sad laugh as he left.

well, i guess ill just wait.

***

after a long-ass day of luke giving me looks in any classes we had together, it was finally time to go back to the dorm. when i unlocked the door, luke was already there, facing the wall on his bed with his computer and headphones.

shit, how am i supposed to do this?

"hey luke?" i said quietly, hoping he would hear me. he didnt and continued staring at the spotify playlist on the laptop screen.

i tapped his shoulder and he jumped before looking at me, rolling his eyes, and turning away. i sighed and pulled his earbuds out.

"what do you want, michael," he asked with a negative tone in his voice, obviously mad at me, which made my heart beat faster in pure nervousness.

"can i talk to you? please?"

he looked at me for a minute before simply nodding and waiting for me to say something.

"okay, so i know you think that im just fucking around with your emotions, but i can honestly say im not. a while ago i realized that i actually liked you. but not like, on a friends basis. i liked you liked you. naturally, i didnt bring it up since we kind of hated each other in high school, and i figured you still hated me. i also didnt want you to come to the carnival because i knew what was bound to happen. id end up alone with you and not be able to just ignore what i was feeling. on that ferris wheel... when i kissed you, i didnt mean to because i was afraid youd shove me away or hate me even more or something. but then you actually kissed me back. to say the least, yeah, i was shocked. when you looked at me with those wide eyes, i thought that you made a mistake, because yeah, we used to hate each other, and i figured you had just reacted since i mean, it was a kiss. i didnt talk to you because i didnt want you to be mad at me, so i figured avoiding it completely was a better option. then i yelled at you this morning, which im really sorry about by the way, and i felt even more shitty because i knew what you thought. that i was just using you, messing around, trying to make you feel horrible. but really, i wasnt. i have feelings for you, luke. im sorry about everything and i just hope that you dont hate me. i'll leave you alone now."

luke grabbed my arm to keep me from walking away and stared at me with those wide blue eyes, just like on the ferris wheel, for a few minutes before scooting towards me. a small smile played at his lips before he leaned in and placed a short kiss on my cheek. "thank you michael. i like you too." my heart about exploded as he laid back down and patted the spot next to him on the small dorm bed. i laid down and he pulled his headphones out, his computer automatically blaring the dont panic album by all time low. i smiled and cuddled up against him, not wanting this moment to ever end.