1.1

*lukes pov*

ashton stared at me as i sat across the table in the coffee shop, one hand propping my head up and the other one pushing my paper cup of coffee around. he didnt say anything as we sat there in silence, thinking and listening to the sounds around us. every now and then id take a sip from my - now cold - coffee and make eye contact with ashton, who would give me a small, sympathetic smile. he drummed his fingers on the wood table top as we both waited for the other to speak up.

"okay, this is getting old. why are you so mad at him?" ashton asked, tilting his head to the side.

"because he forgot about me," i traced the inner circle of the coffee lid as i thought of what to say. "he was with a girl, almost not caring about it either. he wasnt acting like the michael i know." and love.

"you need to give him a chance," ashton spoke, nodding his head slightly. "he was drunk off his ass. i saw him."

"but still, why? whyd he forget about me?" a small tear managed to escape my eye and i quickly wiped it off with my sweater sleeve.

"again, he was super drunk. he wasnt really thinking for himself. thats how that girl got him to kiss him. you know, he left right after she asked him to go to a room with her?"

"really?"

"yeah, he told her no. he got pretty confused after that too. i kind of feel like he thought she was you." ashton shrugged. "either way, you need to give him a chance."

i thought about ashtons words in silence for a while. i had to take a second to process it. im such a dick. maybe thats why my relationships dont last. its me.

"i dont deserve him," i finally said with a sigh. "hes way too good for me. he shouldnt have me." i looked out the window to try to keep more tears from falling down my face.

"thats not the point, luke." ashton chewed on his lip, thinking before continuing. "he loves you. you, and only you. thats all that matters. and i know you love him too. if you need a break, sure i get it. but you need to think of his feelings too, not just your own."

i stared at ashton in silence, processing his words slowly, but surely. i knew he was right. michael doesnt deserve this.

"i need to find him." i stood up from the small table abruptly. ashton followed me out of the coffee shop, where i insisted i could do this on my own. i could, couldnt i? could i even do this at all?

ashton waved at me before walking in the opposite direction. before i knew it, i was at my dorm door.

i stood there for a few moments before knocking. no answer. i knocked again, a bit louder this time.

the door opened slowly, michaels colorful hair peaking out. his mouth opened slightly, but he didnt say anything.

"michael-"

suddenly, his lips crashed into mine, moving fiercely. i quickly copied his moves, lightly pushing him back into the room and shutting the door. i placed my hands on michaels chest as he slipped his tongue in my mouth. michael moved us towards his bed where we collapsed, our mouths never losing contact.

eventually, he pulled away from me and smiled brightly. "i love you."

my face went red as the words escaped his lips. "i-i love you."

he wrapped his arms around me before he fell asleep. what just happened? we were in a fight, because of my over reacting, i guess, and now we just kiss and make up?

i guess we'll talk about it tomorrow. i didnt want to interrupt this moment of peace and quiet, laying in michaels warm and comforting arms.

---

when i woke up, michael was still asleep, his pink lips open ever so slightly. i turned so i was facing him and his eyes peeked open to look at me. he smiled at me sleepily before kissing my forehead.

"good morning babe," he said in a raspy voice. my heart pounded against my chest as i took in the situation. our legs were tangled under the white bedding and his hand was on my hip, drawing circles lightly with his thumb. this is all ive ever wanted and more. i cant even remember why we were mad, and im glad because i feel like im where ive always belonged.

"morning," i whispered back before planting a hot kiss on his lips. he grinned and so did i as we pulled away, looking in each others eyes without saying a word. it was peaceful, sitting in the silence under the blanket, cuddled up against each other.

"its weird, isnt it?" michael said, his eyes not leaving mine. "we go from hating each other to this. this is like a fanfiction."

"i dont even care how it was back in high school. all i care about is where we are right here, right now." i smiled at him and he kissed my forehead.

"good, because i feel the same way."

"also, how do you know what fanfiction is like?" i smirked as his face went red.

"i-uh, i like liam payne alright!" he laughed and i joined him. "besides, some of it teaches me how to suck dick, and thats an important skill."

my face burned as he said this in such a suggestive tone. "i-i guess we'll just have to test your knowledge sometime, huh?"

he grinned. "maybe." the conversation turned into silence as we enjoyed each others presence, our legs still tangled together and our hands intertwined on top of the covers, our noses touching ever so slightly. we layed like that for a while before we realized we had to get to class, and we got dressed quickly got dressed before rushing out the door with our things.

we speed-walked to our class, one of our hands intertwined with the others and the opposite one full of textbooks. and if im being honest, there's no one else i would rather be with.

a/n:

sorry for the slow updates! I've been trying to focus on school and getting my grades up but I'll try to be more consistent.

also, if you can go put my new book gym in your library id appreciate it! I'll be posting the first chapter soon :-)

-jayden

{please vote and comment what you thought }