Broken bonds

Hermione's P.O.V.

I walked out of potions side by side with Draco. The class had come over the shock of us together, and we aced our potion. If someone ever told me earlier that I would enjoy the company of Draco Malfoy, I would have laughed in their face, and said: "that was a good one". But this was reality, not a joke, and I was actually enjoying his company. The talk sat loosely, and there were no awkward silence. Or there were, but it disappeared after a while. At that moment, we were talking about how annoying Parkinson was, and he surprisingly enough agreed with me. She was an annoying bitch.

"Hermione! wait up!" I sorta froze when I heard that voice that i knew all too well, and Draco looked weird at me. We were on our way up from the dungeons when Ginny had showed up, running after me. Not behind her, I could see Harry and Ron too, but they didn't haste as much.

When she finally reached me, she glared at Draco, before the glare turned to me. I furrowed my brows in confusion. I had done nothing wrong, why was she mad at me?

"what the bloody hell are you doing with that ferret?!" She hissed at me, probably hoping Draco wouldn't hear her. But I knew he did, he just stood back since I opened my palm against him, and a tiny flame came out of it. He obviously didn't want to get burned by the flame, so, he stood back.

"Is there a problem Ginny?" i answered, slightly irritated that she was so.... so... rude!

"yes, in fact there is , Hermione. i don't know if you know, but the person you are standing next to is NOT your friend!" she said, still hissing, but it grew in volume, and Draco started to get restless, but he still stood back. I wonder why...

"oh, do you mean yourself?" I hissed back at her, and I immediately regretted it, by the expression on her face, it hurt her. A lot.

"I'm sorry Ginny, I... I didn't mean that. I'm so so so sorry, can you forgive me?" I pleaded. Why the heck did I do that?!

Both Harry and Ron had reached us by this point, and all of them were fuming at me. i couldn't believe this was happening.

"No..."

"what?" I asked, not quite perceiving what she said.

"I said, no. I... I don't think i can..." Ginny said, obviously hurt by all of this, and no words could describe how I felt, so it must have been heartbreaking for her, to hear me say something like that. i must say, it was impressive that neither Harry nor Ron had jumped on me yet.

"I... I... didn't mean it Ginny, I don't know what I was thinking. I'm really sorry, you have no idea."

My eyes began to water, and I knew it was only a matter of time before tears would be running down my cheeks. I didn't know, but I was emitting a very strong glow at this point, and the tiny flame in the palm of my hand? Yep, that was pretty much a fire by now. This was not going well.

"don't you dare start crying" Ron hissed at me, while Harry stayed silent, leading a crying Ginny away from the scene. Ron followed suit, and it didn't take lon until it was just me. my cheeks were already tear streaked, and the flame was starting to get out of control.

"come on, we need to get out of here." Draco firmly said, and lead me out of the castle as fast as possible and in to the clearing in The Forbidden Forest. Once there, he put up targets for me to shoot at. I don't know how many hours we spent there, but when I actually looked around, it was dark, and I could see the lights from the castle, lightning up the sky like stars.

"I think we should get back inside now." Draco said, following my gaze towards the gryffindoortower.

"yeah, we should..." I said, but stood still.

"look, I get that you don't want to go back inside to meet Ginny, but there's nothing you can do at this point. You've already apologized, but she won't listen."

i just looked to the ground, but found no comfort.

"I know, you go on, I'll just fire at a few more targets. okay?" Draco eyed me up, and nodded. I know he was suspicious of me, but I really just needed some time for myself.

I watched Draco walk up to the castle. He stopped in the main entrance, and looked back down at me. Then, he just turned around and walked on in.

Before, I didn't know what I was doing, but when I turned back around to the targets, I knew that burning imaginal heads of, and killing imaginal death eaters, wouldn't help.

I grabbed my wand and cloak, and headed for the iron gates. I made sure that no one saw me, before I managed to sneak out. I headed for Hogsmead right away, but the dark around me and the howling wind didn't really help on my nerves. I ended up apparating.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Nooooooooo! what happened to Ginny and the golden trio?

what is going on between Hermione and Draco?

who is Hermione seeking to?

vote, comment, fan! <3