Chapter ???: The Fate of Everlasting Life

WARNING: SPOILERS FROM FAIRY TAIL MANGA

Do Not Read If You Don't Want To Be Spoiled

But haha, you wouldn't understand the secret anyway, so your choice.

Part 2 of 3 in Secret of the Deres Trilogy Chapters.

The End.

The world, you see, is full of 'The End's.

Infinity is just an absence of an ending.  Things has a sense of closure nevertheless.

But what happens in the last part? Mostly and considerately, a lot is at stake in finishing a conclusion. This is, still and all, one's last chance to think of the things they've made so far. You can persuade in your what if's by point of view, or to impress yourself upon them. The impression you create yourself in your conclusion will shape the impression that stays with the people around you once its gone. Or you're gone. Or everything's gone.

Moreover, the end should therefore convey a sense of completeness and closure as well as a sense of the lingering possibilities of the topic, its larger meaning, its implications: the final should close the discussion without closing it off.

After all, an end is only an end. And even if there was an ending that is so complicated you can't even cope with it, it's their ending. Not yours. Choose your own ending. In this case, all ends are Divergence Ends.

....

...but in my case, this isn't about something to end. Rather, creating an end. Irony right?

Ethereal Natsu Dragneel. 

I hope that can clear what you've been thinking all along.

Sigh

But why did it turned out unto this? 

13 ENDs. 

I've only wanted one, but I can't help but wonder why 13?

Was it because of Mavis intervention with her Fairy Light? If so, then there's a possibility than these ends are altered and might not go against what was supposed to.

12 Wrong Ends

1 True End.

If the True End can absorb all twelve of them, then nothing in my plan actually has changed. In addition, these souls may actually come in handy in the future..

"W-What did you do?" Few moments after the clash of our magic absorbed by the tree and Natsu, Mavis gasped, in disbelief of what she saw. Those thirteen same faces  were sleeping by the tree, still unconscious.  While she was surprise, contrary I was happy. To be able so see him once again filled my despair... only in that brief moment.

"Let me just remind you again that I cannot see you dear Mavis." I said in a calm manner, and looked at somewhere as if she was standing there, regardless of our sight. "Although, yet again, I do feel you. Just don't abuse it. I came here for reviving Natsu. You're lucky since if it weren't that, I'll be investigating why you were able to do a Fairy Light or why I'm feeling a massive amount of power inside you, despite you're a thought projection."

She didn't speak. I barely heard a soft urn of lips, but in the end, she stood silent. It can then be concluded that I am right. As soon as this is over I'll be looking more unto this further. 

But for the time being, I have to deal with the Ends sooner in case she would act more unnecessarily for my plan. 

I swiped both of my arms in a circular motion until the bottom of the hands meet. With my hand pointing upwards, while the other hand pointing downwards. I surround myself with hate, fear, anger, and despair. And to this dark aura I projected in mind that twelve of ENDs will submerge to the True END and will only cease to exist once I trigger it.

"Plunge Immersion!" As I cast the spell, twelve of them begun changing to a matter of soul, about  to enter True End's body.

"No! " Mavis yelped. In the swift of wind, she head towards the tree and gestured through her heart. For that, I realized what she was doing-- Mavis was gonna use her power of Fairy Heart. 

A ray of light came from her chest, enveloping the area with pure light. The color of the souls begun to differ with one another, unmistakably, she was preventing them to enter True END.

"You're not the only one who has those cool hearts, 'ya know." I boasted, and proceed to move my hands in motion through my heart. "My phantom heart can nullify your magic, Mavis. Stop interfering." It burst out a pure black wave of aura, and tried to stop what Mavis was trying to create.

The souls started to enter to True End one by one. 

Two..

Four...

Five...

"Arghhh--!!" Mavis blasted a larger ray. She was trying to close the immersion by sealing the entrance.

Six...

Seven...

In the same way, I projected more dark matter through Natsu's body. I need them all to enter his consciousness to trigger my final piece.

Eight...

Nine....

Mavis magic, however, was far too powerful. After two more souls entered, she had closed the gate. Only nine souls had crossed the threshold, and the other three vanished with Mavis.

Ahh.. that girl. 

Did she know any of my plans?  To the fact that she followed me, she might know something.

Moreover, her Fairy Heart. No mistaking it. The way the Tree of Everlasting Life magical ambiance symphonize well with it, I'm afraid I have to investigate this in extending manner.

I turned Natsu into a book and advance on meeting Igneel. 

My plan has to go on.