Dancing Queen

DANCING QUEEN

I was all alone
I was feeling rather low
I needed someone to lift my spirits up
So I dropped in on a dance
Just to take a glance
And there this lovely thing was
She was more than enough
I asked her for her hand
Said would you like to dance
So pleased that I had asked
She quickly took my hand
And we danced and fell in love
On a slow jam
Ohhh

Watching her dance with him he could feel his stomach churn with anger and jealousy. Why was she letting him touch her like that? Why were they dancing to that song? Were they trying to say something? The little smiles and flirty eyes, was all that really necessary? She used to look at him like that. Every week he would watch them as they danced, he didn't want to watch them but he couldn't help himself. He would watch everything they did over and over again. The interviews, the shows they would go on together, he was always holding her hand, hugging her. Why couldn't he keep his damn hands to himself? He called her babe and baby, gritting his teeth as he thought of how she giggled and even hugged his back. Hell she was even laying her head on his chest. Hearing the other man's phone go off he heard him tell her he would be back. Moving away from the door he watched as the older man walked out without seeing him.

It felt amazing, the Rumba was such a sensual dance and Derek had done an amazing job with the choreography. It was sexy, smooth and it fit the both of them to a tee. The way she felt as they seemed to move as one had her blushing when her thoughts turned to how hard and toned his body was against hers as they moved in sync. She knew she wasn't the only one feeling it, Derek never tried to hide how he felt about her. Looking down at her Derek smirked when he caught her biting her lip as she looked up at him.

Smiling down at the brown beauty in his arms, he didn't know how he lucked out having her as his dance partner but he thanked God. Not only was she an amazing dancer but she was an amazing woman. A woman he was more than interested in. Hearing his phone ring he frowned, looking at it he sighed.

"Sorry babe but I need to get this. Take a short break and I'll get us some water." Hugging her he walked out. He didn't notice the man who had watched them as the practiced.

Play another slow jam
This time make it sweet
On a slow jam
For my baby and for me
Play another slow jam
This time make it sweet
On a slow jam
For my baby and for me
Seems what you say is true
I feel the same way too

Amber looked around the room, thinking about their rehearsal for their Rumba. She began to go through the steps again, smiling to herself as she remembered the feel of Derek's arms around her as the moved as one. She and Derek were on the set of Glee, she had scenes to shoot and in between they would rehearse their new dance. She was tired, but thinking of how she and Derek had performed three nights ago she had to smile. While they both were a little ticked at Len they knew they were good together. Derek was amazing and she was lucky to have him as her dance partner.

Thinking of Derek she felt her cheeks warm at the thought of how he looked that night. The all black with no shirt was definitely a plus. The man had a body to die for; he was gorgeous and had a wicked sense of humor. All the things she found attractive in a man. At that thought a sigh escaped her. Then there's Chord, another man with those same traits but he was being an ass. For some reason he was being kind of rude to Derek, nothing outright just snarky at times.

Chord stood in the doorway watching her. She seemed to be deep in thought. Was she thinking about Derek? Just the thought sent a rush of irritation through him. The way she acted with Derek just irked him. She let him put his hands all over her and the way she giggled. Lately he had noticed that she was putting her hands on Derek, a lot, holding his hand and giving him coy smiles. He knew they had to rehearse but too many times he had come across them and they weren't dancing. He always felt as if he had just interrupted something. Amber would always be nice but Derek would always give him this look. If he didn't know better he would think it was a 'back the hell off look'.