Chapter 12

Precious' Mom P.O.V:

''Listen sweety, love does NOT hurt. Lonelyness hurts, rejection hurts, losing someone hurts. Loves isn't supposed to come with emotional, physical or verbal abuse. Stop asking do they love you when your tears are flooding your pillow case every night. That ain't love. Love doesn't hurt you. A person who doesn't know how to love, hurts you. So stop letting people who don't love you, change the definition of love for you. When you settle for less, yes, you're gonna be hurt. When the amount of pain they give you is more than the love they have for you and you still choose to accept it, yes, you're gonna be hurt. Stop choosing to be blind to the things you see. Don't get mad at love. Be disappointed in the person who is giving you or has given you a false definition of it. Love doesn't hurt but loving the wrong person does. So stop staying in places where you know love is not present or you knew love wasn't present in the first place, and you knew it was lust. You can't build something that's real off of something that was never real. You gotta let go babygirl. I know letting go of someone you're used to is hard and I get it, but holding on to someone who doesn't feel the same is that much harder. You know strength isn't always about holding on sometimes true strength is showing in letting go. Love doesn't hurt, it heals. But it all starts with you. You chose what you accept, don't complain about it if you accepting it" I said stroking Precious' hair while she cried on my lap.

I'm going through such a difficult time in my life but I'm a mother first. I wish that I could take all my babygirls' pain away.

"I know mom..." she hiccuped through her tears. ''It's just hard and I don't know if I can let him go" she said crying all over again.

"Baby girl you are too strong to live life hurt. You are too beautiful to let someone elses ugly ways make you insecure yourself. So stop crying over the person that's making somebody else smile and let God bring you the person who wants to make you smile. Stop chasing after that person that keeps breaking your heart over and over and let God bring you the person that wants to repair your heart. That wants to cherish your heart, that wants to protect your heart. Precious, your worth should be more than just feeling special sometimes, your worth should be more than feeling appreciated sometimes, your worth should be more than feeling loved sometimes. Why settle for being important in their life only when they choose for you to be? Stop settling for stand-by when your heart deserves to be treated like first class. It's time to stop asking why he hurt you and know why you deserve better. It's time to stop asking why he cheated and know why you won't give him the chance to do it again. There's nothing wrong about you, so stop thinking it's you. Stop blaming yourself. There's nothing wrong about you, it's just that there's nothing right about them. The heart that's meant to love you will give you respect. The heart that's meant to love you will make you feel special. The heart that's meant to love you will appreciate you for you. Someone who cares about you doesn't get their power from seeing you hurt. Someone who cares about you doesn't get their joy from seeing you weak, doesn't get their smile from seeing you cry. Someone who cares about you wants to see the best you, they don't wanna see or hurt you. Cause when you truly love somebody when they hurt, you hurt. When they cry, you cry. You don't deserve to live life hurt, but it does no good to know what you don't deserve and still choose to accept it. Don't ask why you weren't good enough but ask why they weren't good enough for you. You're beautiful. Smile." I preached to her.

By this time Precious was cleaning up her face from her tears. She looked up at me and all I saw was hurt. She leaned in and gave me a hug.

"Thank you mom, I'm gonna go take a quick shower then go down for dinner" she said sniffling a little bit and pulling away.

"Okay sweety" I answered with a weak smile.

The moment she left the room tears started to cascade down my face. How am I gonna give my daughter advice but can't even get myself together?