Chapter 8

After Bell placed the sandwich onto the table she sat by the chains she was first secured too. She knows shes trapped here but she doesn't know how long for. She's telling herself it's for life so that she doesn't get her weak hopes up. 

Bell starts to think about home and how everything turned into mush. She had a loving family and a happy life. But somewhere along the road something went wrong: completely wrong. It was out of Bells control and deep deep deep down Bell knows this, but the voices she's gathered have changed her mind. Sadly, now she is convinced it is fully her fault. 

Can Bell even call it a home anymore? Who would? A home is somewhere you feel safe, somewhere with people who have the same love for you as you do for them. It used to feel like that for Bell, but since her Dad left, the home feeling left with him: one bit at a time. A home doesn't have to be a place with four walls, a door and window with a roof; sometimes home can be a person. In someones arms, with a pet, anything were love is there both sided can be home. Now it feels like Bells home is a house; her Mum doesn't love her and she knows it.

Snapping Bell out of her deep thoughts is a sound of an item falling off the table. Bells head snaps round like a Whippit dog: fast! All the home thoughts have left Bells head and now her thoughts are on this fallen objective. Ben is stood at the torture table with his back facing Bell: leaving her guessing. 

Ben thinks that Bell doesn't want him, will anybody ever want him? His own family don't want him, he's never felt love but always wanted too. Maybe that's why he took Bell, to try and get love. He doesn't know why he took her, all he knows is once the hand went over her face there was no going back. 

The silence in the room is killing Bell softly. Ben wanted to create this feeling, no one messes with him and Bell needs to know this. You can't kiss him back and not love him, that's what everyone has done. Only give kiss goodbyes. Not anymore. 

"You know" Ben stares as he turns around to face the shaking girl sitting against the cold brick wall. Ben starts to look upwards as he speaks with a calm mean voice "I am tempted to let you run on Sunday when the hunt comes. But I don't mean run free. I mean let you run a bit, into where the hunt will go, and then shoot you. Make it look like you were shot in the hunt." Ben looks down at Bell and gives her a glaring eye contact. "I can do that, you know?"  Bell instantly looks to the ground and pulls her knees to her chest, wrapping her arms around. 

Bell doesn't doubt him for a second. He could do anything he wanted too, he's already in deep water-why not keep going? Bell knows her Mum wouldn't have tried to look for her or even got a search party out of it. 

"Go for it" Bells whispers back. Bell has nothing now, why should she go back? She doesn't deserve to go back. 

"Oh I have something else planned." Ben smiles "Something that could be better."