Chapter 13

Violently Ben throws open the door to the smelly cellar and marches down the screaming stairs. He only has one thing in his mind: hurt Bell. Somehow Ben's head has been turned around and now he doesn't care for anyone. Why should he? No one cared for him.

Bell bolts up right. She feels a new feeling. A feeling she hasn't felt in a while, years in fact; fear. She's scared. What is going to happen? What is Ben planning?

Wasting no time and not looking into Bells terrified eyes, he stomps straight over to the table. The light is dim; the only amount of light showing is through a crack near the ceiling. Making it hard for Bell to get a hint of what Ben is doing and making it hard for Ben to find what he is looking for.

Ben doesn't know what he's going to do; he doesn't even know what he is after on the table. Finally he finds one thing. One thin small thing. Pretty enough for anyone to look at and stare for ages but tough enough to do damage. To anyone: good or bad.

Smiling an evil smile he picks it up slowly and brings it to eye level, he can now see the scared young girl sat chained to the wall in the reflection of the shiny surface. He turns slowly so he is facing Bell but still looking into the reflection of the shiny thin weapon positioned in his hand.

Bell now clicks onto what is happening and starts panic. Her breath is getting smaller. Her windpipe is closing up. Her mouth is getting drier. She sees the shiny silver weapon in his hand. She knows how much damage it can do to anyone even in the safest of hands. All it takes is one slip and you can lose your life. The weapon is about length of Ben's forearm, the bottom third is of a wooden material. Nobody knows how but the top of the object has managed to stay shiny and clean. However, when you're faced with your life in your hands you don't think about how clean something is, even if it is the thing that could take your life.

You know what to do, the voice in Ben's head starts to play again. But the truth is, Ben doesn't know what to do, of course he won't let Bell know this. He has to act like he knows everything and all powerful but he has no clue on how to hurt her. Slowly, holding out the tension, he walks over to Bell. His evil eyes now looking into her terrified ones, his calm arms are now by his side-almost like he is trying to hide the weapon Bell has seen.

Bell doesn't know what to do. She's too scared to move or to say anything. What are you meant to do when you're chained to a wall?

Ben reaches Bell. His feet by her feet and slowly he starts to crouch down and become level with Bell. His evil smile is still present with his evil eyes. "Now then" Ben says quietly. "I want to have some fun, I hope you do to" He laughs to himself thinking he is funny. He then brings the object in-between their faces. Holding Ben's gaze, Bells tries not to look fazed even though everything about her is letting off a scared feeling.

"3" Ben lowers the blade to her leg as he counts "2" He stops just above her skin "1" he dives into her flesh and runs through her skin along her thin, pale leg. Bell tries not to scream out in pain, really, she tries everything she could but it was no use. There is no pain like it. Both of them had one voice in their head. Ben's was a positive voice for once, telling him he'd done well and Bells voice was a negative voice as usual: telling her she is stupid for letting him in because now it all hurts more than it should do.

After dragging the blade for a few inches, Ben brings the knife out and moves it to the next place, her shoulder. Bell tires again to prepare herself for a harsh pain to scream through her body even though she knows there is no point. Once again, piercing screams shattered through the wooden shack. Bell couldn't help it anymore and she lifted her hands into Ben's hair and gripped for her life. You can tell she didn't think about what she was doing because the blade was still lightly in her shoulder and by moving her arm it caused further damage. This would make Ben laugh is his head wasn't being squeezed. It didn't bother Ben that she chose to move her hands, it pleased him; he felt powerful.

Once again Ben removed the knife from Bells body, but this time he stood up. "It's time to make things more exciting Bell, I've hurt you mentally, now physically and now I can say which one I prefer. I think-no, I know I prefer the physical pain. I can see it and hear it; do you know how that feels? It feels powerful and I love it."

Bells body was in a worse state than before. She has blood running down her limbs as though the blood its self is scared of Ben. What has happened to him? Where did the other Ben go? The one that seemed interested, the one that listened and the one that.... Cared.

Ben picked up two very small things and then came back over to Bell. He looked like a child up to no good. Except he isn't a child, which makes this even worse than anyone could ever think. Putting the small white object into his mouth and bringing the other small part to meet it, a small flame was made. Just as quick as it stared it vanished again. Ben has a few puffs of his guilty pleasure and moves down to Bells level again. He sits down in front of her and enjoys his treat. Bell however sits there and waits petrified. She knows what's coming and really doesn't like the idea of it.

Ben is sat calmly while Bell watches him. Suddenly, Ben jumps and grabs Bells arm and presses the burning cigarette to her pale arm. More screams are heard and it encourages Ben, Bell knows this but she can't stop herself because of the pain. Ben jabs her all over arm until there is no room left and the cigarette has cooled down.

"We'll pause there Darling. Don't want to use that body up all in one day." Ben laughs as he makes his way back up the screaming stairs.

One voice in Ben's head: Well done.

Once voice in Bell's: I've got to leave.