Chapter 11

Ben moved away from Bell, what had he just said? Deep down he knows life isn't a movie. No one can save you once you've been broken, no one is a prince charming and-most importantly- people only see you as a game: someone to play because you're weak. You're a broken person, therefor and easy target. No one loves a broken person, it's all a game. Ben and Bell both know this, but Ben still has hope. The reason for this slight hint of hope is a part of him wants to save Bell. He's the one that kidnapped her so if he's that awful but still wants to help then the nice people of the world surely must want to help. 

Bell knows shes nothing more than a game in someones life. She knows she's used for others to feel power and that's why she shut herself out. She refused to be a part of it; no one loves broken girls. Bell reserved herself and maybe if she opened up sooner her family would still be together. What has her life turned into? Her Mum not wanting to see or hear her on a morning due to the murderous hangovers she gets from the night before. 

Bells Mum drinks away the pain, which-ironically-will course her more pain later on in life when the alcohol takes it's long term effects. She drinks to forget how her life turned upside down. Her beautiful daughter got depressed, her loving husband left because of that and now she's on her own unaware of where Bell is. Bells Mum knows Bell leaves through the window every morning and she also thinks it's a good thing. She doesn't want to start her day off so badly by seeing her family destroyer. 

Has this caused Bell to have relationship problems? Of course it has. Families are meant to be tough and pull through anything and Bell destroyed her own, if she can do it to an anchored family she won't be able to keep a relationship. She also told herself she will kill her friends families bond. She couldn't live with all that so she got rid of it all. 

She lives in a broken home all alone. 

"He's a dick" Ben stated as he walked away from Bell to the table. 

"He's right" Bell snapped back quicker.

"You don't see it do you? A father shouldn't leave because of such a shitty reason. You were upset, broken and crumbling and he just fucked off. That makes me so angry!" Ben states as we gets worked up.   

Bell started to wonder, why did her care? Why is he getting so worked up over her family problems? It has nothing to do with him. 

"Ben you don't know anything." 

"Don't I? Who's the one who 'needs your love like a boy needs his mothers side?'" Ben snapped. He doesn't like it when people act like he's gone through nothing. He's been through so much more than he lets on and he has never shared it with anyone. 

Bell gasped as a rush of guilt starts to swim round her body. She has gotten so wound up in herself that she forgot that Ben's Mum was awful to him. She felt so bad, she felt.... Selfish. She didn't want to be this girl. 

Ben runs his fingers along the side of the table. The dust that is has gathered over the long forgotten years finally being noticed. 

"My Mother hates me too. She says she doesn't want to see me anymore. I don't even know what I did and she just shut me out." Ben says as he looks towards to one crack of light coming out of the wall just above Bells head. "I got home from school one morning and she just told me to fuck off, to leave, to never bother going back. I didn't know what to do or where to go." 

Bell gets confused; why would someones Mother do that to their own son? One thing she does know-even though she doesn't blame hers for doing it- she knows that those people they have just talked about are not parents. Parents are meant to stick around through thick and thin, through good and bad and if they're not there then you shouldn't let them be known as Mum or Dad. They haven't earned that name. 

"This is not what it is only baby scars, I need your love like a boy needs his mothers side" Bell sang again. A few tears escaped her eyes and she let them fall. When will this hell end? She thinks to herself. 

"Nobody loves a broke soul. The sad part is you don't notice it until they've played you and left. Every time you think it's going to be better and it never is. So you just stop and there you are, alone and unhappy. But you hide it, you don't want people to know how broken you are because you don't want to get shattered even more by another person. Whether it be family or friends, you push them all away." Ben says. 

"Why were you just so open with me?" Bell ask confused as to how this is going to end up. 

"I dunno Bell, I do not know. You're like a piece of paper to me right now. I can tell you stuff to vent and help myself and then bin you afterwords before you get the chance to hurt me." Ben laughs quietly. 

Ouch, Bell thought. Did he really just play the shortest game with her?