Chapter 3

(Picture of Abalicia)

To say that it was breathtaking was an understatement. The water was crystal clear and so serene, the grass looked so lush and green and soft, even the air smelled amazingly sweet and fresh. It was so clean and pristine that it was almost unbelievable.

This all only made it even harder to hate. I had so wanted to hate this place and my Dad for everything that it meant but now just seeing this place made my resolve weaken. I wondered how it was that anyone would ever want to leave this place to go to Earth. I wouldn't want to leave this place, to be honest.

Me and Maddie looked around in wonder. I looked at Dad who was looking around as well with a dreamy far off look on his face as well.

He snapped out of it and smiled at us," Welcome home!"

He motioned for us to follow him and he headed toward the palace. If it looked huge far away it was enormous up close. It was white with brown on top. It overlooked the water, and under the moonlit sky it looked truly magical. Not to mention how it was that we even got there.

When we finally reached the entrance there were guards waiting for us. They all bowed when we entered, though I think it might have been just for Dad.

When we got inside we entered and were greeted by a huge crystal chandelier illuminating the entire entrance. Everything was white and gold and tastefully decorated. A huge gilded staircase led to what one would assume would be the rest of the castle and everything was almost sparkling.

Dad started up the stairs and we followed. We passed by so many doors I lost count but finally we stopped in front of one. He opened the door and there was what could only be described as a room fit for a little princess and I could only guess it was Maddie's room.

Everything was light pink and gold. There was a pink bed fit for a princess, vanity, walk in closet, chandelier, and so much more. There were so many toys from dolls, to stuffed animals, all ranging from small to huge, and everything was so nice. I wondered just how long it had taken to prepare everything.

Maddie's face simply lit up and she beamed but hesitated and turned to Dad," Is that?"

He smiled softly at her," Of course it is, sweetie, do you like it?"

She squealed," YES!!!"

He laughed and said," Enjoy then!"

And she did. She went straight to the toys and immediately started playing. She looked so happy that I didn't know whether to be happy or miserable. Everything was so confusing that I just didn't know what to feel anymore.

That was when Dad motioned for me to follow him. I tried to protest as I wanted to keep an eye on Maddie but he didn't listen.

So I followed him to the room next door and he motioned for me to open the door. I sighed but did so and that was when I was greeted by the prettiest room I'd ever seen. It was all in a light blue color with gold accents. There was a huge bed with an almost canopy type thing in light blue and gold. A white vanity and drawers and desk and so on also a light blue and gilded with gold. A huge walk in closet probably already filled with clothes. Huge bookshelves with some books already there. A window seat overlooking the cliffs. And a white balcony overlooking the water. Not mention how huge the whole room was.

It was all so nice I almost forgot how to breathe. This was not helping my resolve to hate this place anymore than anything else I'd seen. Dad had truly outdone himself and I wondered just how much effort he'd put into all of this.

I looked at Dad and saw he was watching me nervously. I felt what could only be described as regret and sympathy. He was trying and I had to give him that and I had never really been one to ignore one's effort so I made an effort back to give him a small smile.