Chapter 18

(Picture of Victoria)

Hope you guys enjoy, but I hope you're ready for some more Daniel drama! Don't forget to vote, comment, and share!

Ceanna had enjoyed the food much better than the company at dinner. Daniel had probably only had them eat out so that they could pretend that they were young and in love newlyweds who still put their kingdom before their own comfort, even their own honeymoon.

What she couldn't understand was that if that was what he was going for, he could've at least made an effort to make conversation or even smile or something. Her mother was better conversation than him.

What she didn't know was that although Daniel was trying to convince the kingdom that they were in love, he was also trying to make amends with her for his behavior and failing miserably. He didn't know what to do, and was a bit put off by the realization. He rarely didn't know what to do, especially when it came to young ladies. This caused him to instead stay quiet and awkward. 

He tried to make an effort to be nice and civil and charming, but he didn't know how to act around Ceanna. She confused him. She claimed to love him, but had no problem standing up to him and even went so far as to throw the truth right back into his face. He was used to people doing whatever he wanted left and right, and for this slight and timid girl to refuse to do so startled him.

She had spunk and a from time to time... a backbone, but she still confused him, and he didn't know what to do with his new wife. He decided that for now he would just have to wait and see.

..........................................

The ride back to Andrew's house was a bit nerve wracking, to say the least. What would happen if Daniel were to find that Rose had been there the whole time? Would he leave her in the hopes of marrying Rose? Would he just leave and never come back? Would he throw himself at Rose while she stood and watched him do so? She didn't know.

Daniel finally spoke to her normally and asked," What did you do today?"

"I visited the town and met everyone," she responded.

He nodded with a slight smile and said," I'm glad, did you enjoy it?"

She nodded, and a small but happy smile appeared on her face" I loved meeting the children and everyone was so kind and friendly."

He smiled genuinely but then it fell when he asked," But how did you get into town?"

She paused and her eyes grew wide and asked nervously," How did I get there?"

He nodded his eyes narrowing suspiciously and she panicked and simply said," Someone drove me on their way to work."

He raised an eyebrow and asked," Who took you?"

She didn't have a good enough lie and so she said as vague as possible," Andrew's friend did."

"His friend?" he asked confused and wondering why she was beating around the bush so much," What friend?"

"Well," she said uncertainly," His girlfriend actually..."

Daniel looked at her incredulously," Girlfriend?"

She nodded and he asked," But where did you even meet her?"

She bit her lip and said," She lives with him. I met her when she came down for breakfast."

He nodded and processed everything before asking," What's her name?"

This time she froze and wondered why Rosalia hadn't bothered to change her name completely. She pretended to think but Daniel was getting a bit impatient and she finally said," Rose..."