Chapter III

Draco's POV

I awoke with a start. My head was pounding and my stomach ached terribly. I let out a small groan, getting up and seeing all the other beds empty.

I was late.

I sighed, getting dressed in my robes and combing my hair.

I made my way down to the Great Hall, where pretty much everyone stopped and stared.

Dumbledore was in the middle of his speech, and I had just interrupted it. I swallowed, making my way over to the Slytherin table, sitting in the only available spot, next to the pug face known as Pansy.

She wrapped her arm around me and I flinched in disgust.

"Where were you, Drakey?" She pouted annoyingly.

I pushed her away.

"Go away, Parkinson." I growled.

She looked a bit taken back, and went somewhere else.

I let out a sigh of relief, and soon started eating breakfast.

**
Millicent's POV

I sat lazily on the couch, stretched out and staring at the fire.

I sat up straight as I heard a noise from behind me.

Malfoy sat down in the chair next to mine, staring around the room, looking extremely bored.

It started to to annoy me, so I spoke, annoyance clear in my tone, "haven't you got anything good to do? Like go and snog Parkinson?"

He looked over at me, his eyebrows furrowed together. "No. And who said I'd want to snog that pug face anyways?" He spoke, sounding as if he were talking to someone he liked, which surprised me.

I just shook my head, looking back at the fire.

I could feel his eyes on me, and it felt strange. Annoyance? Hate? Probably.

I let out a deep sigh. I cleared my throat, Malfoy snapping out of his thoughts and looking away.

"Why are you acting so weird, Malfoy?" I finally spoke.

"I'm not acting weird..you are.." He said quietly, shifting in his seat.

"Seriously? Malfoy, that's the worst cover up I've ever heard." I half laughed, looking over at him.

He looked extremely uncomfortable and I smirked, thinking,

How can I make him feel even worse?

Just as I was about to speak, Parkinson came in. Perfect.

"Hey Parkinson," I called, and her head turned my way.

"What?" She asked rudely.

"Malfoy here was just talking about how much he loves you, and wanted to snog you and be with you forever."

My smirk grew wider as Parkinson grinned, Malfoy doing the opposite, sending me a death glare.

She sat on Malfoy's lap, his face twisting in disgust. Before he could speak, Parkinson pushed her slimy lips against his. Malfoy tried his best trying to push her of of him, but it never worked.

She finally stopped after what seemed like hours and said, "I love you too, Drakey."

Malfoy was finally able to push her off and he stood.

"Never said I even liked you as an acquaintance, pug face, so get the bloody hell away from me." He said through gritted teeth, trying hard to stay calm.

Parkinson looked hurt and ran off, leaving me drowning in laughter.

Draco - er, I mean Malfoy - glared at me with such anger I thought he would try to murder me.

And so my fun was cut short and stood from my seat on the couch, and spoke, imitating Parkinson's annoying voice,  "sorry Drakey, I just really love you!" I let out an annoying giggle at the end.

Malfoy rolled his eyes, practically stomping out of the room.

**
I made my way to potions class, where Professor Snape greeted me to be late. I slunk down in my chair, exchanging a glance with Harry, in which I hadn't spoken to recently.

I turned back to Snape, who spoke emotionlessly, "You will be working on a shrinking solution with a partner of my choice.." His dark gaze kept everyone silent, and his eyes stopped on me.

"Miss Potter, you will be working with Mister Malfoy.." He went on to name other partners, while me and Malfoy stared at Snape.

"Surely I can work with someone else, Professor?" Malfoy asked, glancing at me.

I nodded in agreement.

Snape turned around swiftly, his eyes flickering from Malfoy to me.

"You will work with who you were paired with, is that understood?" He spoke angrily.

I swallowed hard and nodded, Malfoy doing the same.

Looks like I'm partners with a Malfoy...