Chapter 1: Captured

My eyes snapped open. Nothing but darkness surrounded me. Was I dead? Probably not. A sudden chill washed over me as I began to shiver. My mind was completely blank. What happened? Why can't I remember anything? I don't even know my own name!

"Hello?!" I exclaimed roughly. "Anyone?! Please!" My voice sounded odd. It seemed slightly higher than a usual male's voice. I attempted to move my arms and legs, but they both were stuck. Suddenly, a very high pitched voice pierced the air.

"He's awake?"

Another voice replied "Seems so. Shall we untie him? Ask him a few questions?" The color drained out of my face. The second voice sounded much lower. Questions? How was I going to answer questions? I seriously don't even remember my name! Soft footsteps filled my ears as I then heard raspy breathing. Quickly, the fabric covering my eyes was torn off.

Bright light filled my unready eyes. As soon as I, sort of, got used to my surroundings, it was pretty freaky. The room was completely white, besides the plank of wood I was strapped to, no windows. Just me and two other, insanely creepy people. 

One man had large, yellow goggles sitting on top of a mat of light brown hair. He had a brown vest with a light blue button up shirt. He also held a clipboard in his hands. The man next to him, though, could not be more different.

He was very short, and had a mess of ginger hair and beard. Green, scaly armor covered his torso and legs. He seemed like a small child, all giddy and stuff. My eyes widened at the sight of the two of them. 

"Who are you, and why can't I remember anything?!" I ordered, my voice dying as I spoke. The two men laughed as they glanced at each other.

"Ah, you'll learn that soon enough." the man with the goggles said in a tone that seemed to be soothing, but really wasn't. 

"For now," the smaller man chirped. "You will stay here for the night. Have fun!" The two of them turned on their heels and walked away. Struggling, I shouted at them, but they ignored me. I let my arms rest by my side and sighed. 

Millions of questions swarmed my mind. Who was I? Why can't I remember anything? Who are those people? And, in my mind, most importantly,

Why am I here?

--------------------------------

Yeah yeah bad beginning I know. I didn't really try at this one. I promise the other chapters will be a lot longer and better. I hope. Also, this is for Its_Lee_ 's contest, so wish me luck! Anyway, thank you all for reading and I will see you all laterade! -Sara