Kidnapped, Or As I Like To Call It, Saved -chapter 13-

Bly’s POV

I sheepishly stood in front of the door; swaying from foot to foot. I knocked on it timidly and within a matter of moments he opened it. He looked down at me seemingly annoyed, but I looked up at him in a sort of plead. He sighed in defeat and stepped aside and allowed me in the room. I looked around the rather large study as he shuffled through something.

            He grabbed a rather large stack of assorted books, and a slip of paper. He carried the stack of books over to a table and set them down in a harsh thud. I jumped at the sound of the hardback books slapping against the wooden table. He then looked up to me.

            “Read these from the pages I want you to on this slip of paper. After you’re done we’ll discuss the topics and I’ll break them down for you.” I nodded unsure and looked at the stack of rather discouraging books.

            I walked over timidly and he seemed to watch me rather pleased with his cunning idea on payback. I sighed and took a seat and dove into my books. I rolled up my sleeves so that they wouldn’t bother me as I flipped the page, but quickly shoved them back down when I noticed what covered part of my arms.

            Near my wrists were a fine set of bruising in the shape of finger and palm prints. I shoved my sleeve down quickly before Ivan had the time to notice. I froze for a moment to see if he noticed and it seemed as though he didn’t, so I slipped my hand onto a book and pulled it from its suspended area. I looked at the cover that read ‘World History Vol. IV’ I stared at it for a moment and then looked to which pages he wanted me to read from.

            I opened it with some work and began reading it took me a good half hour to re-read every sentence since it was all written in old English. I closed the book and set my head down on the table in defeat with a newly found head ache. All I learned was the basic lay down of how the government works, and really I could have already guessed. Every 100 years the counsel changes people out by vote, all accept for the head dictator, which is voted on by family members of an elite group of people. So more often than none, in the head dictators family will there be more than one child to bear the burden of being ruler of the world. Since Leon is an only child though and his Dad has passed away, or so the book says, that means he’s head dictator until he has a kid.

            I rubbed my forehead in agony and Ivan took a seat across the table from me. He stared at me for a bit until I decided to acknowledge him. I looked up to a very stern face and I sighed in defeat knowing that we weren’t going to be ‘breaking down the topic’ any time soon.

            “You mind telling me what the hell is going on?” he asked rather calmly in comparison to what the sentence portrayed. I was taken back in other words.

            “Excuse me?” I repeated just as our last serious talk. He glared at me.

            “There’s something much more than hormones stirring in this house and you and I both know it.” I looked at him more sternly now. He wasn’t going to let me drop the subject without a completely necessary reason. I let out another sigh.

            “You wouldn’t get it even if I told you… or take me seriously for that matter…” I said turning away from him. He persisted to hold a steady gaze to me though.

            “I don’t know what love feels like Bly,” he said hushed, and I shot my head over to him now that the four letter word had finally been mentioned. “But I do know that this is my cousin, who hasn’t acted in such a way in the entire time that I’ve known him.” My heart thumped in excitement, but I muffled it with my own self denial.