Chapter 1

Trevor's POV

I ran to my house.

"They're gonna come for me" I thought to myself.

I walked over to the window. After I was sure that there were no guards in sight I laid down on my bed. After a few seconds I heard a loud noise.

"They found me" I thought.

I quickly jumped out of bed. I attempted to escape but it was no use. One of them walked closer to me and put a black bag over my head. All I heard was "let's go" and someone pushed me forward so I'd walk. When they took the bag off me someone started spraying me with water.

I heard people talk about this before. The guards will spray you with water as a way to brainwash you. I guess they were attempting to wash the gay out of me. 7 minutes later they stopped. One of the girls gave me a towel and clothes. Once I was dressed they took me to a different location.

Skip Time

I was in front of tubes, inside some of the tubes were people. The guards put people in there for different reasons. Some were captured because they have powers, others have different beliefs and some like me are put in here because of their sexuality. The guards see us as the enemy but because most of us are young they try to change us. People that have powers are separated from their families and are forbidden to use their powers, people with different beliefs have to change their religion and people like me are forced to date the opposite gender. They pushed me so I'd continue moving.

I saw a girl and a boy holding hands. If you can hold hands with the other person it means you feel normal if not then you don't feel like yourself with that person. They were walking towards a tube that had a girl inside. I looked to my left and saw Jacob in the other tube next to hers. I pushed the guards away from me and ran to him.

He looked up at me then held out his hand. I linked our fingers together. We looked at each other. The guards ran towards the tube then pulled me out.

I started yelling and screaming I attempted to escape but there were too many guards surrounding me. Everyone else watched. They put me in a tube with the girl. She held out her hand.

I reached for her hand but we couldn't link our fingers. I turned around to see Jacob. I pressed my hand against the glass wishing I could hold his hand again. The glass started cracking then shattered. Soon after the rest of the tubes broke.

Everyone started running. The guards ran after us. I moved the fence aside allowing everyone else to go through. Right when I was gonna go through the guards grabbed me. Jacob turned around and looked at me.

He continued running. They took me back. There were other tubes on the other side of the room. I was yelling and screaming attempting to push them away from me. The girl stuck a needle in me. Within seconds I passed out.

4 Days Later

I slowly woke up. I looked around and realized that I was in the same room, in a tube. There were a few people in the middle of the room. Looked like they were trying to fix the tubes that broke the other night.

"You're awake" a man said.

"How long was I out?" I asked.

"4 days" he replied.

He looked at the broken tubes.

"Too bad your boyfriend isn't here to save you" he said.

"Kinda sad how he just left you" he added.

I banged my fist against the glass.

"Shut up" I said.

"What's your name?" he asked.

"I don't have to tell you anything" I answered.

"Fine have it your way, I'll just use the needle again" he said.

I didn't want to pass out again.

"Trevor Moran" I said.

"We've been trying to capture you for a few weeks now, looks like we finally did twice" he said.

"Don't worry you won't be alone for long" he added before walking away.

"Let me out!" I yelled.

He just continued walking.