❤Chapter 4: Should I Lie?❤

Dakota held that sly look at me and snickered a little.

"Well?" She said to me and I realised that the other 4 were all looking at me, waiting for an answer.

"Umm. You see. My dad is a movie director." I say. It wasn't a lie, it was true.

"Oh really? Interesting." She said and gave me that sly smile.

There was a silence and I felt really awkward. But Adam broke the silence and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"Ave? Walk and talk with me?" He asked me and stood up.

I looked up at him and nodded slowly. I could still feel Dakota's eyes staring at me like daggers piercing into me.

"O-okay." I say slowly and stood up also.

I watched him start to walk and followed him quickly.

"Sorry about Dakota..." He says quietly and keeps looking straight.

"I-it's okay! It's not your fault." I say and looked at him. His blonde hair was falling over his eyes and I watched him sigh.

"Dakota's not really the uh..nice type." He said and then looked up at me. "Especially towards newcomers."

"I kinda noticed." I say and laughed a little. I then realised he was pulling on his tie again. Was he nervous? Am I making him feel nervous?

"Yeah. Just....just be careful around her." He says and gives me a half smile. "She can stir up trouble real good."

I listened to what he said and thought about it. Was he worrying about me? That's probably it. He just wanted to take care of me like how Miss Fletcher asked him too. I heard the bell rang, signalling the end of the day at school.

I started to walk out the front gates and I realised Adam was still there.

"You live around here?" He asks and gave me a warm smile.

"Y-yeah. I walk to school." I say and shrugged. I felt a the blush linger on my cheeks and looked down, trying to avoid looking at Adam's eyes.