Tearful Confessions

Queen Anne sat lounging on a couch, reading a book as her ladies sat nearby chatting and sewing. The sudden creaking of the door caused Anne to look up to see her Henry standing in the doorway. Anne placed her book on the couch, stood, and walked as quickly as she could into her husband's arms, her royal purple gown flowing behind her.

"Henry, is something wrong?" Anne asked as she noticed the anger and concerns etched on his face. "Oh my sweet beloved Anne. I am so sorry I blamed you for the loss of our sons." Henry said as he took her face into his hands, kissing her forehead softly before he continued speaking. " I have learned some disturbing news about the Seymour family while they were at court. They were the real cause of your miscarriages, they had convince the Lady Jane Seymour as well as a serving maid to lace your drink and food with poisonous herbs. Oh my own sweetheart I am so sorry." Henry said as he engulfed Anne's figure in a strong hug.

This news was quite a shock to Anne who fainted in Henry's arms but Henry calmly scooped up his wife and headed for her bedchamber. "Mistress Seville would you mind opening her Majesty's bed chamber doors for me?" Henry asked Nan Seville who quickly opened the doors for him. Henry walked into Anne's bedchamber and laid her down on the large canopy bed. He turned to Anne's ladies looking at them as he said "I wish to be alone with my wife." and motioned for Nan to shut the doors. Henry returned to Anne's side, gently brushing the hair from her face which stirred her from her fainting spell.

"Oh my poor sweetheart." Henry spoke softly to her "The court is so cruel to you and our children. I have been cruel to you, a cruel bastard of a husband. I am so sorry I blamed you for the loss of our boys Anne. I am sorry I ever strayed from your bed."

Anne chuckled softly at that remark. "Once you waited years for me. Once your love was stronger than iron but it is no longer as strong. I miss the happier times when we were first wed although our wedding wasn't anything like I had envisioned." Anne spoke with bitterness and sadness in her voice.

"Anne..." Henry began and she turned to look at her husband as he spoke after an uncomfortable silence filled the room. "..sweetheart would you like to renew our vows? Now that Katherine is dead and Mary is tucked away in the country, there are few people who would oppose us renewing our marriage vows. It could symbolise our new start. Even if you don't I promise you this Anne, no more mistresses. I will be faithful during this pregnancy and throughout the future. I swear this to you my love. I can be content with holding you and kissing you until you can resume your connubial duties."

Anne smiled wide. "I'd like a vow renewal ceremony Henry. Lizzy could be apart of it and I can bring the finest seamstresses in Europe to design my gown. Although I don't think there is enough belgian lace to cover me with how large my belly is swollen" Anne said with a laugh. Henry chuckled at her joke and kissed her cheek. "You are large with our children my darling. Princes or Princesses for England! Dr.Butts and Lincare say you are having twins at most. We must think of names for our new children. Do you have any suggestions?" Henry asked Anne as he helped her sit up.

"What about Arthur after your brother?" Anne asked as she leaned against a pillow "I know you once looked up to him. This could be a good way to honor his memory." Henry thought over her suggestion. "I think you are right sweetheart. Arthur would be a wonderful name for the eldest boy. What about another possible boy name dearest?" Anne thought for a while.

There was George after her brother which would make the most sense, but after the scandal George and his wife had retired to the country and swore to never return to court unless demanded to so that was out of the question. Then the answer came to her.

"Geoffrey. After my great-grandfather. He was mayor of London, and was a fair and just man. I think it would suit him." Anne spoke clearly watching Henry as he nodded in agreement. "Well Sweetheart" Henry said as he stood "you should rest, we can discuss more names later. You must take care of yourself as well as our children. Sleep love. You and I have wedding preparations to tend to as well as preparations for your laying in period." Henry chuckled when Anne made a sour face at the mention of the laying in period. "Sleepwell sweetheart." "I will my love."

And with that the King and his Queen were reconciled.