Chapter Twenty Three: Chains And Anger

Amelia

I woke up with a pounding in my head. Damn it. I was so close. I could have sworn my little trick I did put them off my tracks.

I sat up and noticed that I was in Damon's room. I looked down to realise I was sitting on a soft, cushiony dog bed below me. What the fuck? I looked over to Damon's bed to find him lying on it. Was he asleep?

I carefully stood up and looked over at him to see his eyes were closed. I automatically presumed he was sleeping.

I looked over to the door to see it was open slightly. That's convenient. Maybe too convenient. Oh well.

I started to tiptoe forward. I barely went a few steps before freezing when the sheets on his bed started moving. Shit. Was he awake? I looked over to see his eyes were still closed.

In a flash, he was sitting up, supporting his weight with his elbows as he smirked at me.

"Where are you going pet?" He asked.

"Fuck you!" I spat as I ran for the door only to be choked and pulled back onto the floor.

I sat up confused and gasping for breath. I looked over to Damon to see he hadn't moved. Then how did I get choked and dragged back?

I looked to my right to see a chain. He didn't.

I felt the back of my collar to feel a chain attached to it that was attached to a hook on his wall at the other end.

"What the hell is this?" I gasped.

"A chain. What else does it look like?"

"I know what it fucking is! It was a rhetorical question asshole."

"Watch it pet."

"No I won't watch it as there is a chain around my neck for no God damn reason."

"There's a reason pet and you know it."

"Why then? What did I do that was so bad?" I asked knowing full well why it was attached to my collar.

He got out of bed and walked in front of me. He stood looking down on me wearing just a pair of grey sweat pants. Has he ever heard of wearing a shirt to bed so he doesn't confuse me with his sexiness?

"You were a naughty girl." He tutted lifting up my chin so I was looking him in the eyes. "You tried to run from me."

"You drugged me with that potion and expected me to be happy about it? All you do is torture me. If not physically, you do it emotionally and mentally."

"That's what is fun pet."

"Well I don't find it fun." I pouted.

"Hmm well that's a shame...A shame I don't care about you." He chuckled.

"Bastard." I mumbled.

"What did you say?" He growled gripping my chin tightly.

"Nothing oh kind sir." I mocked, saluting.

"Watch it pet. You're walking on some mighty, thin ice right now."

"Actually right now I'm kneeling not walking so..."

"SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU LITTLE, DIRTY RODENT! I HAVE HAD IT WITH YOUR MOUTH! YOU'RE LUCKY THE CHAIN IS THE ONLY PUNISHMENT YOU'RE GETTING!" He roared causing tears to escape my eyes.

No! I have to stay strong. I couldn't show weakness but I couldn't help it. I just wished he had a heart so I have a reason for me liking him the way I do.

Why did he have to be so cruel and scary? Plus his squeezing of my chin isn't helping with trying to act strong as it's starting to really hurt like crazy right now.

"You should have had more of a punishment then just the chain."

"Then why not just hit me then." I cried. "I know you want to."

"I do pet. I want to hurt you so badly." He growled, clearly annoyed as he grabbed my chin harder before releasing it. "You're getting this punishment as you actually impressed me with your escape. You put me of your actual track and confused me when I lost your scent at the grassy plain."

"Why couldn't you just let me go?"

"I think you're missing the whole point of you being here. You're mine. I bought you for a lot of money, £5,000,000 to be exact, and I expect to get my money's worth before you go."

"You mean before you kill me."

"Where did you hear that?"

"Doesn't matter as it's the truth isn't it? Once you get bored, you kill them. When you get too angry, you kill them. And when you get a new pet, you kill the old one." I said getting angry.

"Awe I love how well you know me." He cooed.

"Fuck off."

"There she is. I thought I had broke you then."

"Dream on. I'm strong and will never give in." I huffed.

He burst out laughing which only irritated me further. I guess I know how he feels when I push him to his limits.

"Won't give in? You do make me laugh pet."

"I hate you."

"Well if you're a good little girl tomorrow, I will take the chain off. Make one mistake, it stays on."

"Why do you want me to be so good?"

"My friend is coming round for dinner."

"The hot Lord?" I asked.

"YOU'RE MINE! NOT HIS!" He roared.

I never said I was his. Wait...Is he jealous because I called his friend hot? Oh my gosh I think he is!

I couldn't help the smile that fought its way onto my face. Yes I hate him but I feel triumphant to have made him jealous. Maybe he does care about me?

_____________________________

Author's Note

Ooooo so Damon got jealous! So he does have some sort of thing for Amelia even if he does not realise it.

Now who thinks he does like her due to the lack of real punishment as it did mention in the earlier chapters that a pet that tries to escape will either be killed or get 20 lashes?