chapter fifteen

"What do you want?" I spat into the phone. I had woken up the next morning to a phone call from none other than Harry Styles.

"Just, hear me out, please?" he begged softly into the phone. I rolled my eyes even though he couldn't see me.

"Hear you out? No, you hear me out, you little shit." I snapped. He got quiet. "I have fucking loved you for as long as I can remember. Do you know what it's like to love someone for years and years and then to believe that they actually loved you back? And then to find out they're lying?! Don't even waste your time telling me that you loved me or trying to get us back together when you come back. I don't want to hear it. ANY of it."

"But, Kat-" he tried but I hung up the phone and tossed it onto the bed, ignoring when it rang again.

I sighed a little and got out of bed, walking to look in my mirror. Every single hate comment rushed into my mind. I had always tried not to let the hate get to me, but now that I was vunerable and Harry didn't care... every single comment stung.

I grabbed my phone off my bed and opened up Twitter, scrolling through the tweets. Most of it was hate. After a while, I just deleted my account. That way, no one could send me hate personally. I looked into the mirror again and scrunched my nose up at the sight of myself. Messy hair. Red eyes and nose from crying. I shook my head a little. I don't need guys. Screw them.

I took a quick shower and then put on a pair of shorts and a sweatshirt. I scrolled through my contact list, looking for someone I could hang out with. I heard a knock on my door a few minutes later.

"Comiiiinng!" I yelled and slipped on a pair of vans, running down the stairs. I opened the door, expecting it to be Korie but seeing someone else.

"Oh my God!" I yelled, jumping into the boy's arms who was standing at my door. He laughed a little and hugged me back.

"What are you doing here?" I asked excitedly, pulling away. "I thought you moved..." I broke off, not wanting to finish. The boy standing in front of me, Cameron, had been my best friend before he moved away and I met Korie and Melissa.

He grinned, shrugging. "I did. But I came back to visit for a while. I didn't know your address so I just came to your old house... I'm glad you still live here because if you didn't, this would be awkward for me." I rolled my eyes playfully, laughing a little. I backed up so he could come in and we sat on the couch.

"So, let's talk about the douche." he grinned and I raised an eyebrow.

"The douche?"

"That asshole from that famous boyband. The one you like." he said and I blushed a little, shaking my head.

"I don't like him anymore." I said softly. He nodded.

"I know. You love him. I've been keeping up with the news since I heard you were involved in it. I also know about the interview from yesterday..." he let the sentence hang in the air as I looked down, nodding a little.

"So he doesn't love me." I shrugged. "Did you come here to rub it in? I know you knew I liked him in elementary school and you always thought he was a jerk."

He sighed a little. "No, I didn't come here to rub it in. I came here to cheer you up." he smiled.

"I'm not ticklish anymore so don't try to-" I cut myself off with a squeal as he started tickling me. "Stop!" I breathed between giggles. "I can't breathe!"

"Neveeerr!!" he yelled and I hit him with a pillow. He hit me back with a different pillow. We started having a pillow fight and it felt good to be with him. I don't need Harry. He's the last person I want right now.

"Hey, hoe, I'm here!" Korie yelled, walking in and seeing us. She stopped and raised an eyebrow. "The hell did I just walk into?" she grinned and I sat up.

"You remember Cameron." I nodded towards him and he smiled.

"Hey Korie." he threw a pillow at me and I hit him with one. Korie shook her head and threw a pillow at me.

"That's not fair!" I whined as they both pelted me with pillows. "You can't gang up on me like that!" I laughed and Korie stopped.

"Yeah, I guess you have a point.." she grinned and hit Cameron on the head with one.

"Hey!" he hit her back and I hit him with one.

"That's not fair! You guys can't gang up on me!" he whined like I did and I shrugged.

"Suck it up!" Korie yelled and kept hitting him. I laughed and leaned back on the couch. Once we got tired of the fight, we ended up eating popcorn -mostly throwing it at each other- and watching movies. I fell asleep on Cam's shoulder half way through Finding Nemo. Maybe I should thank Harry for dating that girl. It actually isn't that bad without him.