chapter sixteen

Harry's POV

*back to the skype call*

"Alright. Goodbye, Kat." I said and stood up.

"Bye, Haz." She ended the call with a wave. I sighed and ran my fingers through my hair. To say I missed her would be a huge understatement. All I wanted was to have her back in my arms. But no, I screwed up, had to go kiss some other chick and now she's gone. I bet she hates me and is just acting like she doesn't.

She'll hate me even more after the interview.

I'm especially gonna hate me after this.interview because it'll ruin my chances with her. And more importantly, it'll hurt her.

It's not my fault, though, not this time. The new "girlfriend" I'm getting is fake. It was all management's idea, and of course I can't argue with them without my contract and the boys' and I's careers being threatened.

So here I am, five minutes before the interview, waiting to meet my new "girlfriend." I don't even know her name. I don't want to know it either.

I turned to see a tall, blonde haired, blue eyed girl with nice curves walking in. I have to admit, she was hot. But she looked like someone you'd hook up with at a bar for a one-night stand type of thing.

"Harry, this is Charlotte." One of the guys said and she smiled.

"Hi!" She chirped. Well, atleast she's not a bitch like I expected.

"I'm Harry." I smiled a little. "Nice to meet you."

"You too. I'm really sorry about you and your girlfriend breaking up by the way." She smiled sadly. "But I'm glad atleast we're together now."

I nodded a little and looked around, my mind wandering back to Kat. I wished she was here in front of me, so I didn't have to worry about accidentally slipping up with the whole fake girlfriend thing. I wish she was here, sitting on my lap and doing the cute little random things she didn't know I saw. Those were my favorite things about her. God, I miss her so much.

"-and, Harry, Harry, are you listening?" Her sharp voice and big blue eyes broke me from my thoughts of the girl I,love.

"Huh? Oh, yeah, definitely." I smiled sweetly. I heard the people telling us to get onstage and I got up. "I'll see you in a bit." I smiled and ran off before she expected me to kiss her or something.

I headed on stage and smiled, sitting down with the boys and Melissa. I hope I didn't look as nervous as I felt.

"Here we are with One Direction and Niall's girlfriend, Melissa!" the interviewer announced as the crowd went wild. We all laughed and waved and Mel smiled and waved.

"So boys, how's the tour going?" she asked, seemingly uninterested.

I held in my groan. Same question at every. Single. Interview. It gets annoying very easily.

"Tour's pretty good. Everything has been going great." Louis said happily.

"Especially for those two." Zayn pointed to Niall and Melissa and Mel blushed, hiding her face into Niall's shoulder.

I looked over at them and then back at the interviewer, wishing that was me and Kat.

"And for another two.." Niall said, wiggling his eyebrows at Liam.

The interviewer's eyebrows shot up. "Liam? Something to share with us?" she asked. I shifted unconfortablly.

Liam's eyes were lit up and he was grinning from ear to ear. "I'm proud to say that me and Korie are back together." Liam said and the crowd went wild.

I smiled a little, happy for him. I wished it was me and her though.

"Wow! That's great, Liam!" the interviewer exclaimed, seeming actually excited. She must be a damn good actress.

I smiled tightly and breathed in a sharp breath. I looked offstage and then turned back to the interviewer. "I also have something to say.." I said. The interviewer, the boys, and the crowd focused their eyes on me.

"What is it, Harry?" she asked, giving a fake smile.

"I'm seeing someone again..." I said, a tight smile spread across my face. I already felt horrible and guilty.

"Her name is Charlotte." I said quickly, before anyone thought it Kat. I wished it was. Charlotte smiled and ran out onto the stage and sat on my lap.

I could see the boys staring at me like i was crazy and Melissa didn't know how to handle it. Even the crowd was shocked. There was no noise from anyone.

"Hey everyone! I'm Charlotte Stinson and I'm happy to be dating Harry!" she announced, in a high pitched tone and a perky voice, and turned around to give me a peck on the lips.

I could already tell Kat was a better kisser than this chick.

"Well... this was very unexpected.." the interviewer said, showing real shock. "Um.. I'm sure Directioners everywhere will welcome you, Charlotte."

Charlotte smiled wide and hooked and arm around my shoulders and I gave a more relaxed smile, one close to my regular smirk. Atleast I hope it looked like this. I hoped she knew this was fake.

I rested my arms around her waist and leaned my head on her shoulder, whispering, "Pretend I'm saying something really dirty right now," into her ear. Luckily, she caught on and giggled and slap me, saying a silent "Shut up."

I smiled wide, hoping it seemed real, and kissed her cheek. She turned her head at the last minute so she was kissing me.

I kissed back, even though she was a horrible kisser and I felt really guilty.

It made it worse that I knew Kat was watching. She was probably so hurt.. just the thought of it made me pull away and plaster another smile onto my face.

After a few more questions and a small performance, the boys and I, and our girlfriends headed offstage.

I sighed and pulled out my phone.

"HARRY FUCKING STYLES, WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU!" Melissa yelled, walking over to me. I sighed.

"DO YOU KNOW KATHERINE WAS WATCHING THAT?! AND YOU BROUGHT OUT THAT SLUT AND SAID SHE WAS YOUR GIRLFRIEND? REALLY?! YOU'RE AN A-"

I cut her off. "I know, I know. Just-" I wanted to scream that she was a fake girlfriend but I couldn't. I couldn't tell anyone, not even the boys. I sighed. "Let me call her and apologize. I know, I'm an asshole."

I walked off and sent her text messages, since I knew she wouldn't answer my calls right now. I hid in the tourbus and bit my lip, sending more messages.

"Answer, dammit.." I mumbled, biting my knuckle in frustration.

"ANSWER ME!" I yelled out, squeezing my eyes shut.

I fucked up.

I fucked up really bad.