Chapter 2- A New Threat?

“Aunt Kimmy! I’m telling you, something is out there!” I yelled in frustration for the second time. Jacob and I have been trying to convince my Aunt to take it easy. I knew that there was something out there, and with today’s Magic Society, you never know.

“Derek, for all you two know, it could’ve been a bear. I’ll notify the Georgia’s State Animal Department and put in a warning. So there really is no need to panic.”

“Ms Trent, you don’t understand. It might be worse then a ‘bear’,” Jacob mumbled.

“You two have had a long day. Its understandable to think you saw something. I’ll put a call in to make you two sleep better, its getting late and I must start supper. How does spaghetti sound?” Aunt Kimmy asked while getting up from the dining room chair.

Me and Jacob looked at each other uneasily, I got up and followed her into the kitchen, “Aunt Kimmy, that sounds great. Just keep the door locked at all times, keep your cell phone on with you and please don’t walk into the woods alone?”

“It will help us feel better,” Jacob added.

My Aunt Kimmy looked at us for a few moments, she sighed and said, “okay, I will. I’m a 40 year old women and I have two teenage boys warning me what to do. Isn’t it suppose to be the other way around?”

We all laughed but I added, “That’s the only way Aunt Kimmy.”

Me and Jake headed upstairs into my room. My room was a powder, light green color, with a lot of stuff everywhere. I had a good view of the back of the house and the road. I could always protect anyone that I loved that way. Jacob sat at my computer chair, and asked, “when is your meeting with the pack?”

“Tonight at midnight. When the moon is full.” I said while flopping down on my bed. Okay so lets get something straight, that whole thing about werewolves changing on a full moon, is plain crap. We can change at any point in the day, or at night, it just wears down our energy. One correct fact involving werewolves and full moons is, we are at our strongest point when the moon is full. That is probably the main reason why the pack gets together on full moons.

“So I’m here to cover for you?”

“Yeah, and that way I have someone to talk things over with afterwards, but I’ll probably be up all night.”

“I so need to become a werewolf,” Jacob laughed and then sighed.

“It’s something that you will never get or take back, so its not for you.”

“I was kidding but whatever.”

“Jake, none of this is something that you joke about. All of this is reality for me, understood?” I mumbled while looking at him.

“Okay man, I know this is a touchy subject for you.”

“Then quit making jokes and shit about it, okay?”

“Fine, are you pumped for your date?”

“Its not exactly a date. We’re just two friends hanging out,” I replied slightly annoyed.

“But you two are into each other?”

“I’m into her, I’m pretty sure it doesn’t go both ways. Plus we just met each other today.”

“Fast relationship?” Jacob burst out laughing, “think of it like this. You two just met online. And you changed your face book status..”

“That has nothing to do with the subject. Just so I let you know. But what time is it?”

“Around 7, why?”

“After dinner, I may leave early.”

“Stupid question but why?”