Chapter 8- A Scary Prediction and A Piece Of Early Bliss.

Hey Guys, it been a while but here it is, let me know what you think!! :)

POV Derek

I walked into my Aunt Kimmy’s hospital room, slowly and quietly. Let me tell you it wasn’t easy, with each step it felt like someone was ripping out my heart, it hurt. I fought back tears because I didn’t want to look like a baby and Barret was with me.

Aunt Kimmy was hooked up to so many machines, the beeping was starting to annoy me but I was happy their was a beep. Aunt Kimmy opened her eyes and said, “Derek! You should be home!”

I laughed and gave her a big hug. I sat in the chair beside her bed and asked, “who did this?”

“I just finished washing the dishes, I was about to make supper, when bam! I felt pain but I didn’t see no one. Nothing was there but I was bleeding,” Aunt Kimmy sobbed.

“So you didn’t see a thing?” Barret asked.

“No I didn’t.”

Barrets cell phone began to ring so he left the room, “Aunt Kimmy, I’ll find out who did this to you, I promise.”

“Derek, I am alive, aren’t I?”

“You almost died, which is close enough to me, that bastard will pay,” I mumbled bitterly.

“Honey, I am fine. It will take a while for me to be completely better, but I’m close.”

A nurse came in, “I’m sorry but visitation hours are over, if you don’t mind?”

“No, I don’t,” I said through clenched teeth, “bye Aunt Kimmy.”

I walked out of the room, searching for Barret, he was outside waiting beside his truck. I had trouble opening the old truck, so I climbed in through the window. “She isn’t half as bad as I thought she’d be.”

“Barret, I don’t fucking care. I feel like I am cornered, I hate this feeling.”

“Come on Derek, don’t let this thing get to you like this. We don’t even know if it was the same thing that you saw in the woods, we just know that it wasn’t a human. I think it’s a start,” Barret said and pulled out of the Hospital parking lot.

“I just have so much things going on, I have a date with Sierra tomorrow night, now this and whole new pack thing. How is that going anyway?”

“Good, I have pretty much everyone, I just have to tell them all to come on Saturday.”

“Do they live out of state?”

“Some do, some don’t,” Barret admitted.

“Leave me wanting more information! Can you drop me off at Jacob’s house?”

“Sure, do you need to call him?”

“Nahh, he’s used to me coming unannounced, do you know where he lives?” I asked.

“3 Waterville lane?” I nodded, as he turned onto the dirt road, “don’t worry about it man. Come to my house after your little date. I’ll set up the meeting for then. So you have everything going on the same day.”

Barret turned into Jacob’s driveway. I mentioned earlier that Jacobs dad owned a Bait Shop, well his house didn’t show it. Jacob lived in a almost beat down cottage. It had wore down white paint, and the house looked on the outside like it was falling apart, but it wasn’t.

Jacob’s parents were divorced, his mom lived in California with another family of her own, so he pretty much says his mom disowned him. His dad on the other hand, hasn’t been on a date in years. As his dad says its him and Jacob against the world. But deep down I know he has a thing for my Aunt Kimmy. Which is totally disgusting!

I got out of Barrets truck and waved goodbye. Jacob was sitting on the deck as if waiting for me, “hey Jake.”

“Word is out, what the hell happened to your Aunt Kimmy?”

“Someone attacked her, they want to get to me Jacob. What if Sierra is next or you?”

“You know I can kick ass, Derek, whatever or whoever did this, is going to fucking pay, understand?”

“Jake, it isn’t that easy. Just let me handle it, okay?” I mumbled irritated.

“Okay whatever, I’m going to head to sleep. I need to think.” Jake walked inside.

Jakes house was a hour away from Sierras house so I decided to walk to her, I just needed to have her close. What the hell was happening to me? I began to run, leaving Jacobs house and everything I knew behind…..

POV Sierra

“Dad I am fine, I just am going to watch TV and lay down,” I assured my dad for the millionth time.

“Sierra, I hear you screaming and your knocked out on the floor? I’d hate to see what not fine is.”

“Whatever daddy,” I sighed and went into the living room.

My dad went upstairs as I laid down on the couch. I heard a quiet, uneasy knock on the door and got up slowly. I opened the door and laughed as I locked eyes with Derek Trent, “hey, what are you doing here?”

“I needed to see you,” Derek whispered and pulled me into his arms. I held him as he sobbed.

“Come inside.” I led him into the living room and sat down on the couch, “you can’t stay very long. I’m not feeling very well, but what’s wrong?”

“Everything. I just felt this urge to come and see you. Sierra, no other girl has made me feel this way before..”

“Its okay, for now we can enjoy this. Forget everything else in the world, just be us,” I assured him as he pulled me closer to him. I closed my eyes, and realised this felt right. I enjoyed Derek’s arms around me, but now the worst part was, he had to meet my parents……….

A little cute ending! Chapter 9 will be uploaded very soon!! Thanks for reading ! Hope you liked it <333

Comment

Vote

Fan

xoooxx

Chels <33