Chapter 1

The scratching of skates to ice calmed my nerves. My heartbeat steadied and my wobbly legs stiffened. My smile grew wide and soon I was skating full speed into my routine I worked so hard on.

Gaining momentum I leaped into the air for the triple combo. The first two spins going perfect.

But soon a loud crunching sound echoed the rink and my cries filled the air.

Oxygen wouldn't come to my lungs. Spots started to blur my vision and everything went black.

Two monthes earlier

"Kyra! Pick up the pace! This need to be perfect for the regionals!" My mom screeched from across the rink.

Well, let me introduce myself first.

My name is Kyra Wilson and I'm 14 years old. I ice skate and take it pretty seriously.

That would be why my mom is yelling at me. She's a perfectionist and yells at any little thing that's wrong.

We don't have the best relationship. My dad, on the other hand, he is great. We have a really strong relationship, but he works out of town so I rarely see him.

My brother is a completely different story. He hates me! That's the only reason I skate. I skate because it let's my anger go. It also takes away the pain he causes me. Thank God for makeup, otherwise, I'd have bruises everywhere. He is only a few years older and he hates me. He thinks I stole the spotlight from him.

No one knows that he beats me. Not even mom or dad. It's just a secret. A secret I don't want to keep, but have to for my own safety.

Now, you may be thinking, "wow! That's a messed up family."

Well that wasn't always the case. We used to be a happy carefree normal family. Until my mom put me in skating lessons. It all went down hill from there. Dad started going out of town to work, and Dylan, my brother started to beat me. I wasn't but nine years old. Mom pushed me harder to do well in skating and soon I excelled and now I'm here.

Competitions every weekend, practice every night. Doing homework on the bus instead of at night. Missing school for physicals and skate camps.

It's not the life I ever wanted. To be honest, I wanted to be in the school band my first year of middle school. Pick up on an instrument and make music a part of my life. But I have the life of skating now.

I'll stick with it to prove to my mom that I can be better. I'm not going to be the disappointment to the family.

This, is my story and how I carved my name into my own history.

So this is my new story Carve My Name!!!!! I hope you like it!!!

Also, if you are uncomfortable with self harm, abuse, or depression do not read!!! Some parts will have that kind of stuff.

Shout out to EricaKirsch for picking ice skating 😂 this is what it was for..