Chapter 15

The cold air of the rink pierced my skin as I skated gracefully across the wide, football sized circle of ice. The music blasted trmhrough the speakers as I just warmed up for a lengthy practice.

Preliminaries were in two days and I was freaking out. For the past week, my practice schedule had been whacky, so when I woke up this morning to the hotel room empty and a note from my mom saying we would be back in the house tomorrow, I threw all my practice stuff in my Nike bag and began the trek to the opposite end of the block.

No one was there except Mr. Smallie, the owner who always had a soft spot for me and gave me the extra key my third year of competeing.

"Ready for preliminaries sweetheart?" He asked as he took my phone to the sound box to set it up for me.

"Not yet sir! But I'm working on it." I replied as the music began floating through the air.

The ice had been clean and clear of scratches before I got here, but now, three full hours later, the ice was covered in thing slices and shaved ice as it flew from the blades of my raggedy old skates.

My warm up songs had ended and I skated off the rink so Chandler, who had come in not to long after I did, could zamboni this ice. Chandler was 17 and was easily one of the nicest people I knew, he taught me how to drive the zamboni for days he wasn't here, and to be quite honest, my ten year old self used to have a crush on him. But not anymore. Especially since Jackson came into the picture.

I took off my skates as I watched him circle the ice leaving smooth ice in his path. I padded up the stairs in my socks, to the sound box and switched to my competitive playlist that held all of my competition music and then slid down the rail, back to my bag. Chandler had parked the zamboni and was now heading over towards me with a cheesy grin on his face.

"What's up squirt?" He asked playfully as he pulled me onto the ice. It was then I realized he had thrown on his old blue skates.

"Nothing much Chan-Chan." I smirked as he grunted at the old nickname.

"I told you to quit calling me that Kyra!" He muttered. I laughed and pulled him to the middle of the rink.

"Watch my routine and then critique it please!" I called out as I skated all the way to the entrance of the rink.

(Play song if you want, it adds to the effect)

"Okay!" He called as the downbeats to Roses by Shawn Mendes began to pump through the speakers.

I smiled and twirled around until the words began and then skated to the middle of the rink, the spins and leaps creating a visual to the emotion straining in his voice as the song played out.

Chandler caught onto the lyrics and pulled a rose out from backstage. Don't ask me why, but the smile on my face grew.

"Tell me if I'm wrong, and this is crazy. But I got you this rose and I need to know, will you let it die or let it grow."

I skated towards him and he handed me the rose, a change in choreagrapghy I thought to myself as I leaned in and kissed his cheek before racing off to hit the triple flip combo and then the sit skate double kneel. Its sounds complicated, but honestly. It was quiet easy to me.

The song soon died out and I skated off to Chandler once more.

"Chan! Your a genius!" I exclaimed.

"What do you mean squirt? I didn't do anything?" He asked as confusion soead across his face and his honey hazel eyes crinkled at the edges.

I giggled. "Filled a hole of the choreagraphy! I can use you and Jackson to help!When the song plays

"Tell me If I'm wrong, and this is crazy
But I got you this rose and I need to know
Will you let it die or let it grow?" I can let it die the first time by basically taking it from you, but not acting to love you, and the next time, I can let it grow by showing the interest to Jackson, seeing as he's practically my boyfriend and that won't be awkward. And it would get my nerves out before the big ending with the combos and the slide!"

My excitement bubbled up inside me as I saw Chandler grin. "Boyfriend ayye?" He asked. "What about me?" His smirk grew and my face burned.

"W-what?" I stuttered as I grabbed my phone to distract myself from the growing blush of embarrassment flooding my cheeks.

"I'm kidding squirt! But I do know you used to have a massive crush on me a while back."  He grinned and patted my head.

"Oh my gosh. No I didn't! I... I.. No I didn't! Who told you that?" The blood red color was really burning in my cheeks as he cracked up into laughter.

"Squirt, its okay. Your my best friend! I'm happy to be able to help you out!" He said as he pulled me into a home crushing hug.

"But I better be meeting this Jackson kid soon if he is your boyfriend. I'm sure Noah agrees. It's our job to protect you!" He released me and pecked  my for head before pushing me back onto the ice to practice some more.

Gosh Chandler. How am I even friends with you? I thought to myself as I ran the song again.

Lordy mercy this carride has been long!!!! Here's an update for y'all today!!!!! School starts back tomorrow so I tried to make it longer. New characters are soon coming in!!!!

Also, add me on music.ly and younow for more!!!! @kristin.nicole16 is my unser for both!!! Just comment or post on my wall your from wattpad and I'll follow you!!!!

Thanks for reading and I hope you liked it!!!! Much love😘😘