Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Louis' POV

I drank freely. It was true, she smelled heavenly. When I first met her, it took all of my willpower not to leap on her and drain her immediately. A beautiful girl like her probably had family, and I was right. I don't drain those with families. They didn't deserve the grief.

June passed out in my arms as soon as I started sucking, and I found the deadweight strangely relieving. I hated it when victims struggled. It made me all too aware of what I was doing.

I never chose to be a vampire. Like that other guy, I thought they were nonexistent. They were only myths.

But then that new kid in school came along, and he ruined everything. Because of him, I wasn't allowed to be seen in public anymore. He made me go rampant. He and his crew were the only people in this world that I was afraid of.

Trapped in my thoughts, I didn't notice June getting paler and paler and colder and colder. I did notice though when my red-tinted vision focused on the twin holes in her neck.

I gasped and loosened my grip on her. She dropped to floor with a thud, and I winced. The sound of a dead body hitting the floor. I know that all too well.

Was June dead? I got down on my knees and put a hand over the blood gently pulsing out of her neck. The wet sensation made my muscles tense and the thirsty part of me desperate, but I held back. I promised June.

I remembered something, and I turned June's head towards me so that her wounds were facing the ceiling. I bit my lip, and after only a moment's hesitation, lowered my face towards her neck. I slowly ran my tongue over the punctures and I watched worriedly as they began to close. I noticed this new power only a few years ago. Which for me is about twenty years ago.

Her breathing strengthened, and I sighed in relief. I ran a hand over my mouth, and stared at it. It was red with June's blood. Instinctively, I stuck my finger in my mouth and started sucking. Dammit, it tasted so good. I forced myself to stop and wiped my hands on my pants, staining them.

I left the room and went into the nearest bathroom. My fangs were stained again, and I grabbed a toothbrush and toothpaste. They were shrinking as I did so. My eyes were no longer completely red, but they looked a lot like that US American flag, minus the stars.

I looked closer at the mirror and I would have reddened if I could. My whole chin and some areas of my cheeks were smeared with blood. I quickly washed my face and rinsed out my mouth. Then I began to brush.

When I finished (which was like ten minutes later), I fixed myself up. Sometimes I think I'm a disappointment to vampire nature. I don't wear black capes or turn into a bat or any of that crap. I preferred looking my best. I'd found it attracts a lot of pretty girls. And boy, do they taste good. Just not as good as June.

I returned to the room where I left her, and I stiffened. She was gone. I raced throughout the house, but I couldn't find her. Where could she be? I checked her room last. I stampeded inside without knocking, and I was met with the ugly side of June.

She screamed when she saw me, and she hid in her bathroom. Her strawberry blonde hair was matted to her forehead, and her neck was blood-crusted. Her normally-beautiful blue eyes were shattered and wide with terror. I felt terrible, which was really unlike me in some cases.

I carefully stepped into her bathroom, and she jumped into the shower, shoving the curtain in front of her.

"June?" I asked precariously.

No answer, unless you call a whimpering sound an answer.

"How are you?"

I mentally cursed myself. What kind of question was that? "How are you?" She's feeling awful, duh! I almost rid her body of all her blood. The thought made me want to continue, but I pushed it out of my mind. I promised June.

I heard sobbing, and I grimaced. It'd been a long time since I'd talked to a girl, maybe two hundred years, so I had no idea how to respond or comfort her. But I did know for a fact that I was the last person she wanted comfort from.

"I, um...." I mumbled, trying to think of something to say. I was such an embarrassment. Vampires are supposed to be confident and cool, but I was the exact opposite.

I sighed. I should probably just... leave her alone. Yeah, that sounded about right.

"I didn't mean...." My voice faded away again, and my mouth just wouldn't cooperate. I was more awkward then I realized.

"I'm just going to go," I said quickly, and ran out of there.

As soon as I was in my favorite place to "let it all out", I cursed loudly and kicked the floor with such ferocity it shuddered beneath my feet.

I was such an idiot! I was that same guy all the way back in school, never scoring a date and always the one seen alone.

I gritted my teeth, purposely grinding my fangs together. I hated being alone. And being alone for hundreds of years makes a person go insane. I was insane. I'll acknowledge that.

I roared angrily and pounded my fists against the wall. I had trouble expressing my feelings, except for anger, sadness, agony, and complete frustration. I'd been feeling angry and frustrated more and more often.

I knew why. It was June. It was all her fault. She was making me like this. I was better off alone. I should just finish her off. Make both of our lives easier. Why not? It was all her fault anyway.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Whee! I had a lot of fun making this chapter! Are you impressed with my bloodsucking descriptions? I know I am. And I haven't read a vampire book in months! Heck, I didn't even research vampires before this. You know, now that I've thought about that, I probably should....

Read, vote, fan, add to your library, or do whatever! Oh, I know! Eat CHOCOLATE!! Yeah, do that.

Stay Beautiful and Eat Chocolate,

-Sammi <3