Chapter 15

Chapter 15

June's POV

Louis kissed me.

The words seemed to gong in my head and echo around my brain.

Louis kissed me.

I reached up slowly and felt my lips. He had bit my bottom lip slightly, but not hard enough to make it swell or bleed. He had been sucking on it, actually. He had rather enjoyed the kiss. Me, I wasn't so sure.

I decided I needed to ask my heart. How did I feel about this? I definitely knew that if this were the day I met him, I would be screaming my head off and trying to wash out my mouth with soap and water. That thought brought a small smile to my face.

But the present-me.... I guess I was... alright with it?

My eyes popped open. Okay, that didn't sound right at all. I hated him. I resented him. How could I be alright with a kiss from him?

I smiled again when I thought about what he said. He loved me....

I literally slapped my face. "Get a grip, girl!" I whisper-shouted at myself. "He's a vampire, you're a human: it could never work!"

But he could change that, I suddenly realized. If I allowed him....

Which I most certainly wouldn't! Who would want to live forever alone? Seeing Louis gave me a pretty good idea of what I would become in the next few hundred years.

But I wouldn't be alone. I would have Louis. We wouldn't be able to die, so we could never feel alone.

I sighed sadly. But my mother, my father.... I would miss them so much. That's all that was really holding me back. I couldn't bear losing them, at least not for a second time.

I gasped, a hand flying to my mouth. Did I just admit to myself that I liked Louis?! A vampire?! An evil, stupid vampire?!

But my heart wasn't in the insults. I glowered at the ground and yanked my hair in frustration. Why did life and love have to be so confusing? Why did vampires have to exist?

My brain started to go on overthinking-overload. If vampires didn't exist, I wouldn't be in this kind of situation. But at the same time, I don't think I would ever find my true love.

My heart burned at those words, and my face did too. True love? How far was I going to take this?

I needed to talk to somebody about boy troubles. But not just any boy troubles: vampire-boy troubles. And who could help me with something like that?!

I sighed loudly, putting a groan into my voice. The only person that could really help me was Louis, but he already kind of just admitted his feelings for me. Duh. So he probably wouldn't be the BEST person.

I groaned again, louder this time. Maybe he could help me. After all, once a vampire's chosen his mate, they can't exactly separate, can they? I rolled my eyes. Oh, goodie. A love/hate relationship. I'd always wanted one of those. Note sarcasm.

I got up off the floor and brushed myself off. I swept my hair behind my shoulders and blinked a few times. My eyes felt stuffy. Probably from too much crying and all the dust.

Before I left to go find Louis (probably dumb), I checked outside his bedroom window. I looked around, but I couldn't find him anywhere. I frowned, pouting slightly. I hoped he got back soon. I didn't want to go searching in those woods.

Just when I was about to turn around and head out, I saw a blue flash (the color of the shirt he was wearing) and felt a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips. I pulled them down with my fingers. I'd got to remain cool.