Me & U

They were now picking some fresh apples in the farm after they had their breakfast while Aunt Kim was on her way downtown to work as a manager on her own restaurant. Taejoon and Taeyeon still ignoring each other and noticed by the old Kim but he doesn't want to meddle again and let the two handle it on their own.

"E-Errm...I think I had to take a rest for awhile now. My back hurts." the old Kim putting on a show to leave them behind without suspecting him while he secretly glancing on them with a smirked on his face.

Taeyeon made her sign language that the old Kim could understand and made his way to his house to rest. Taejoon felt the kindness of the girl towards his beloved grandfather but simply ignores when Taeyeon finally looks at her.

"A-Ahm...E-Err...I think we have to continue picking apples so we can eat our lunch before 12." Taejoon said while he immediately leaves to start picking apples with a basket on his both hands and Taeyeon follows.

After an hour of picking still no one initiates the talking but let themselves busy on picking apples. Taeyeon couldn't stand it and poke the boy on his broad shoulder that made Taejoon to glance at her behind but he couldn't understand her sign language well so she decided to make a body language instead.

"You?? What?? Okay, just take it slow, will ya." Taejoon having a hard time to comprehend with her. Taeyeon sighed and searching for a tool to write her words on the ground. She finally found a wooden twigs fell from the trees and started to write a characters she only knew on the soily ground.

"YAH! You spell it wrong!" Taeyeon blink her eyes and glance again to the words she wrote but she only furrowed her brows showing that she herself couldn't understand it either but she continue anyways and shrugged it off. Thankfully, Taejoon finally understand what she meant.

"Geez! I make myself out of fool infront of him. If only Tiffany can teach me everyday so I can learn many things from her but unfortunately she was out of town for a week but I don't like schooling." Taeyeon said to herself while sighed for the umpteenth times already. She doesn't know how to write except for her name and a girl named Tiffany teach her during her leisure time and day off sometimes her friend Sunny teach her instead.

Taejoon picked out some sandwiches on his backpack he prepared before they leave from the house. He shares some to Taeyeon and they enjoys eating under the shed of the apple trees. Taeyeon gave him a thumbs up showing that the food was edible and tastes good.

"I know I can cook like a chef from a 5-star restaurant." Taejoon said proudly while eating his tuna sandwich on his hand making the young girl frowned in disgust by his prideful attitude.

"What's with the look??? Did I put too much salt on it???" Taejoon asked her obliviously as Taeyeon shook her head in response and continue digging in.

After they finish their break, they continue picking and finished it before 12. Taejoon carried the two basketful of apples and put it on a wheel barrow and made their way to empty storage behind the nearby old house. Taeyeon hums a random song caught the boy's attention.

"You love music, aren't you???" Taejoon asked out of the blue making the girl halt and looked at him. She nodded and hums again while she balanced herself on a old tree logs beside their path.

"I love how my mother hums me a lullaby before I go to bed." He recalls the memories of his beloved mother that still lingers on his mind. Taeyeon feels the sadness on his voice and the longing with his mother but she also felt the same way too. The silence engulfs the journey and no one dares to break it as they were both drifted on their thoughts of longing with someone.

"How did grandpa adopt you??? Did your parents passed away or something???" Taeyeon only lowered her heads while his words strikes her. Taejoon realize and immediately apologize for asking her a question regarding her parents.

"S-Sorry I didn't mean." They continue and again silence suffocated them.

They arrived at the storage and gently put the apples on a huge machine that would reserves the freshness of apples.

"Do you want to go home now or you want for a short walk instead???" Taejoon decided to make a closure for her. Taeyeon had her second thoughts if she agreed or not but in the end she agreed and think that maybe it would be a way to make them close while Taejoon stays here for good.

"C'mon lemme take you to my favorite place in the farm and used to be my sanctuary when I want to be on my own." Taejoon lead their way to his secret place as Taeyeon follows him from behind.

They arrived at the place where there was a small pond on the place and a table made on a tree cut by a chainsaw surrounded by two huge rocks as a seat. Taeyeon never knew that there was a kind of place in the farm when she stayed there for more than years now.

"Okay, stop drooling now. I know that my place was kinda amazing. You stayed here for a long time but you didn't discover some secret places here, I see." Taeyeon couldn't close her mouth due to diversion while Taejoon still try his best to control his laughter because of her ignorance. Suddenly a tears fall down from her eyes unknowingly to Taeyeon that made Taejoon panicked. He immediately wipes the tears using his hands as he gazed to the girl for so long but she didn't notice because she was caught deep on her thoughts as she recalls for her past memories when she lost her parents.

"C'mon let's go home now I think grandpa would be worried for us by now and I don't want to ruined the place because of your own little drama here." Taeyeon snapped back on her senses when Taejoon pokes her cheeks and back facing the girl as Taeyeon got the signal and follow him again behind.

"Sometimes he is annoying and grumpy but there are times that he shows his kindness and see sincerity from his eyes. I don't know of we would be a good friend because this guy really makes me confused." Taeyeon said mentally as she checking out the guy for so many times without being caught.

To be continued.