Chapter 12: The photo

Chapter 12

Katniss P.O.V.

Whenever I'm in the same classroom as Glimmer I feel her rage through the room. I can feel how much she hates me. I feel how much she wants to get rid of me.

I feel that she has no right to hate me. I'm the one who should hate her, and I do, but she has no right to hate me. She's the one bullying me.

Everything has gotten worse in school. Everyone are mimicking me when I pass them in the hallway, pretending that they have towels around them.

I feel more and more insecure. And I feel more and more like I don't want to be here. I feel like I want to go home, lay in my bed and give up on life.

"Katniss!"

I look up and see Madge run up to me. It looks like she's laughing and like she's going to explode with news.

She runs straight into me, making us both fall down onto the floor. She's still laughing and I groan.

"What the hell Madge", I say, looking up at her. "What was that for?

"Oh boy do I have news for you!" She says.

"One more time and I'll throw you out! Now get yourself up on your feet!" The angry librarian mrs Cobb says in an angry but whispering voice.

Oh god. Madge woke up the beast.

I collect my things and stand up, so does Madge. We seek up an empty table in the very back of the library. I put doewthe books and writing block, as I sit down on one of the chairs.

I look at Madge and wait for her to tell me what news she has. But she's not looking at me. As she's sitting down, she's looking around as if to see if the coast is clear or something.

"Guess who I ran into?" She whispers looking at me, leaning forward.

I shrug my shoulders. How am I suppose to know?

"A lot of people? We're in school Madge", I say.

"Glimmer", she hisses. "She invited me to the devils cave! You know her house".

"First Annie and now you", I sigh. "Glimmer is never going to give up".

"Don't you wanna know what I told her?" Madge asks.

"Of course I do", I say.

"Well she asked me and I threw my butter cream pie in her face", Madge laughs. "And than I ran away so I think she's looking for me".

And right that moment we hear a scream.

"Undersee!"

Glimmer.

She's marching up to us. When I see her I have to try really hard not to laugh. Her face is full of yellow/white cream. Like its almost completely covered in it. And I swear I can see it starting to turn red under it, because Glimmer's ears are red, and I'm guessing her face is as well. Out of anger. Her hair is up in a high pony tail and is bouncing in curls. But the hair above her forehead is also covered in cream.