Chapter 15: If I die young

Chapter 15

Katniss P.O.V.

When I wake up I feel numb. I feel nervous and at first I can't remember why. But when I turn around in my big bed I see my cousin sleeping beside me.

He's mouth is half opened and I can see some drool drop down onto his pillow.

I giggle and poke his leg with my toes. He makes a sound and put his tongue back into his mouth. That makes me laugh and shake my head. Clay is such a baby sometimes.

He always drools but never ever snores. Whenever we've slept over at each other's houses we've always shared bed. Hell we slept in the same cribs when we were babies. It's familiar to sleep beside Clay again, but it makes me miss home.

I lean forward on my elbow with a grin looking at Clay. I slowly take up my hand and poke his cheek with my finger. I know he's awake but he still has his eyes closed.

I continue to poke his cheek and I can hear him groan low out of irritation and it only makes me giggle.

"Shtaaaaap", he groans and I laugh.

"Good morning", I say.

He turns his head to look at me. At first I think that he's gonna say good morning back to me. But how wrong I was. Instead he pushes me off the bed.

"Ah freedom", he says and stretches out in the bed, taking up as much room as possible.

"Jerk", I mumble as I'm lying here on the floor, but I can't hold back my smile. God I've missed Clay so much. I stand up and jump onto the bed. "Was that really necessary?"

"Actually yes. Yes it was", he says.

I roll my eyes.

"You're a jerk", I say and stand up from the bed.

"I know", he says, sounding very proud of himself, stretching out even more.

I roll my eyes and walk up to my closet. I pick out an outfit and walk back out to my room. I dump my cloths over Clay.

"Hey!" He says.

"Hey yourself", I say.

"Why are your clothes over me?" He asks.

"Because I wanted them there", I say and strip out of my clothes, and I'm left in my underwear.

No I'm no ashamed to change in front of Clay. Don't forget this is the boy I used to take baths with as a kid.

"Because...?" Clay asks.

"Just because I did", I say and grab my white skinny jeans.

Clay starts poking my hip. I smack it away so I can put on my jeans. I put them on and after that I grab my orange blouse. I pull it over my head.

"Now you're free to leave", I say and sit down on the bed next to him.

I grab my orange pumps I laid beside the bed yesterday.

I put them on and when I'm done I just sit still and pat Clays legs with my hand.

"Ew you have hairy legs", I say to tease him. I don't think it's disgusting though, boys should have hair on their legs, not on their backs though that's a definite hell no, and when it comes to their chests... A little hair is totally okay, even sexy, but a lot that's also ew.