Chapter 20: The end of the beginning

Chapter 20

Katniss P.O.V.

My parents has arranged for a move. We will no longer live in Panem. We move in only a week. We won't move back to our hometown. My dad said that he'll like his sister better if he visits her sometimes. She's too difficult to see everyday and that's true. Even Clay says that and I agree.

I did promise to be in the live broadcast concert though, and that's what I'm gonna be.

I'm gonna sing twice. Once in a song together with my girls and a song I'll sing by myself.

My girls are so sad about the fact that I'm leaving, saying they'll all lose a sister. But I told them that we'll Skype all the time. Because see the thing is, we're moving to England. My dad has a work there for about a year or two.

I'm sad to leave them, but maybe it's for the best, and it's not like we'll never ever see each other again.

Right now we're preparing for the concert. Everything is really hectic and everyone are in over their heads, running around confused. It's funny actually.

In a few hours the broadcast will start and I'm feeling very nervous about that, since it's going to air in the whole country. I've only ever sung to my family, then I come here and has to sing in music class and now this? What if I do something wrong? Stumble on stage or something.

And I'm sad. Annie keeps on crying. Johanna is more angry and aggressive than usual. Delly is irritated and snaps at everyone. Madge looks depressed. And I know that this is because I'm leaving. They know that I was the one who requested it. That I asked my parents to move us. At first they thought that I wanted to leave them as well but I told them that I didn't. I begged them to see the whole picture and not only what they wanted to see.

They're not angry at me, but they're sad that I'm leaving. I'm sad too but I have to get my life back, and I don't know if I can do that here. I know that I can't do that here.

"Katniss", Annie says and I look up.

"Hm?" I ask.

"They want everyone in the makeup room", she says.

"Already?" I ask.

Annie nods her head and hold out her hand to me. I take it and together we walk towards the makeup room.

***

Peeta's P.O.V.

When you've done a performance they want you to sit down on the first row in front of the stage. So that's why I'm sitting here right now. With Finnick. He's really depressed right now. He knows that he'll never have Annie. And he wants her more than anything. Just as I can never have Katniss. Which makes me Finnick's depressed companion.

Ugh we make one depressed couple. We're so pathetic.

Every light in the room are off. I can see small shadows from the cameras, which are moving around a little.

The music begins. A voice.

(Katniss)
"Welcome to your life".

A spotlights sharp light lit up on Katniss. A few seconds later it turns off.

(Annie)
"There's no turning back".