Chapter 19: Explaining

Chapter 19

Katniss P.O.V.

When Clay comes home, he finds me sitting on the step of the porch. I didn't bother going back into school after humiliating myself in the cafeteria.

When he seems me he sighs relieved and hurries up to me.

"Why'd you leave?" He asks and hugs me before sitting down beside me.

"Why haven't you told my parents about what you know?" I ask looking straight ahead.

"What?" Clay asks.

"About me!" I hiss.

"Because it's not my place to tell them, it's up to you", Clay says.

I guess he's right. But I think he leaves out the fact that he think I'd hated him forever if he had told them. Which I would've but still.

"I guess", I say. "Well you've gotta be happy now because I'm gonna tell them".

"Really?" Clay asks, some hope in his voice.

"Yah", I say and stand up.

I walk up on the porch and towards the door. I grab the handle and open the door. Clay isn't here. He's still sitting on the porch step.

I turn around, looking at him.

"You coming or not?" I ask.

"You want me with?" He asks surprised.

"Why wouldn't I?" I ask.

"No reason", he says nonchalant and stands up. "Uncle is going to be angry at me".

"Why you? I'm the big disappointment in this family not you", I say as I walk into the house.

"Because I knew and didn't tell him and aunt", he says. "And no you're not, so stop saying that!"

I ignore Clay and start searching the house. I find mom and dad in the living room. My dad has one of his hands on my moms baby bump.

I still can't believe that they're expecting another baby. I'm gonna be a seventeen year old big sister. When the baby is ten I'm gonna be twenty seven and when it's twenty I'm gonna be thirty seven. Am I the only one who thinks that's messed up?

"Katniss..." My mom says when she sees me and Clay walk into the living room. "Why aren't you two in school?"

Dad clears his throat and my mom looks like she's said something she's not supposed to say.

"I know that dad enrolled Clay in school and that he's moving here", I say. "I may have become a bitch since we moved here but I've still got my sneaking skills and my ears are perfectly good".

"Katniss..." Clay says warningly.

I sigh and walk further into the living room. I sit down on the coffe table and Clay sits down beside me.

Dad is still not looking at me. He's looking at Clay who's looking at him.

"I'm not in school because I have to tell you something", I say. Dad finally looks at me. No emotions is shown in his face though. "First of all that photo, the naked photo... It's not real, it's my face photoshopped on another body".

"And you did that?" My mom asks.

My dad looks away and I shake my head.

"Ever since we came here I've..." I start but it feels like I can't get it out of me. Tears starts to form in my eyes and they spill before I can stop them. "I just... I'm so sorry".