Chapter 18: Life lesson

Chapter 18

Katniss P.O.V.

I'm back in school. I'm noticing that people are smiling at me when I pass. But when Glimmer is around they all ignore me.

Annie said that it's a plan to make everyone think that she still has the power over the school, when really she doesn't.

I don't know though, I'm not gonna get my hopes up. I won't allow that to happen.

Anything else new that happened? I think my dad let Clay move into our house. I was lurking around the corner to the kitchen while Clay was in there with my dad yesterday. My dad was on the phone with the principal, asking if there's a change to get Clay to start there as a student. After that I heard him talk to Clay about how my aunt thought it could be a good life experience for him to not live at home.

After I heard that I just ran up to my room before they even saw I was there. Clay came up to me only ten minutes after and found me writing in my diary. He asked if he could read but of course I told him no. No way I'm letting anyone ever read my diary, it's mine and it's really personal. Diaries are like holy ground.

We were talking the whole night and I was waiting for him to say something about what I heard but he didn't. Not all night. So frankly I'm pretty angry at him at the moment. And I'm angry at my dad. They're keeping secrets together from me. Why would they do that? I mean what are they thinking? That I'm not gonna find out that somethings up when Clay doesn't go back home? That I will find it really normal when a car full of moving boxes arrive to our house?

One thing I know for sure. Everdeens are mean son of a bitches, but we're smart. Maybe too smart for our own good, and maybe that's why our whole family line is a bunch of mean and snobby bitches. Anyway, that's why I know dad and Clay aren't stupid. So I don't understand why they're not telling me about this. Does mom know? Well I guess she obviously does... But Prim? Does she know? If she does, they've gotten Prim to withhold information from me.

I know I started all this ... Lying and distrust in our family. I know that I'm the one to blame. But I still don't want to be left out. Why would Clay move here?

I'm so confused and I feel hurt and betrayed. I guess I don't have the right to feel this way since I started it all. But... Yeah I don't know.

I open my locker and a note flies out.

Now what? Are they gonna become PLL wannabes? Leaving notes and sign it with A or G? This is just becoming laughable.

I bend down to pick it up. I read it while still crouching.

"Meet me behind the school during lunch".

That's it? And who is me? It wasn't even signed with anything. Am I gonna go meet this person? What if it's a trap? Though this doesn't actually seem like a Glimmer thing. She would want me to know that it was her, she would want to force me. This isn't a force and it isn't signed.

I stand up and slip the note into the back pocket of my shorts as I sigh.

I just feel so damn angry.

"What's up?"

"Where've you been?" I ask and take out my English book before closing the locker lid.