Chapter 14: Surprise

Chapter 14

Katniss P.O.V.

I think the principal called my parents. My parents has been whispering with each other and stopped talking when I arrive. I think that they're waiting for the right moment to talk to me.

Damn I knew that the damn principal would do that. He called me to his office and I told him that I made that photo and put it up myself.

Why did I do that? The girls yelled at me when I told them. But what was I supposed to do? Tell the principal that I'm bullied? No I'm an Everdeen and we don't do that. We don't admit to being weak, we just don't. So no I couldn't do that.

I'm not sure what he told my parents, but I know that they're angry at me. I can feel it. I can feel the vibes. The air around them is so tense.

I asked the principal not to tell my parents. He still did. I don't care if he had to, I asked him not to. I hate him. And I hate myself. And I hate the Everdeen family for putting so much pressure on me and making me pretend to be perfect. I'm not taking about my dad, I'm talking about every other Everdeen. My dad is the odd one out in his thinking and they all accept him because he almost never talks about it.

I don't wanna disappoint Prim either. I want her to be able to look up to me but how can she do that if she finds out?

No I had to lie to the principal. And I have to lie to my parents. I have to. I feel sick about it but I have no other option. That's my only option. My one and only.

"Katniss, can you come here please?" My mother calls from the living room.

My heart jumps up on my throat and I try to swallow it down. Oh god. Oh god they're gonna scold me.

I pull up the hood over my head and put my hands into the pockets of my hoodie. I walk into the living room, finding my mom and dad sitting in the sofa with serious faces.

I sit in the armchair in front of them. Damn it's making me nervous that they look so serious.

"What's up?" I ask.

"So your principal called..." Dad starts.

"Oh yeah, I knew he would since I'm not of legal age and all", I say nodding my head.

"You didn't do what he says you did", my mother says.

"Yes I did do that!" I say.

"No you didn't", dad says. "You couldn't have..."

"I'm not a little angel dad! I'm not the same girl I was before we moved here! I've changed okay?!" I shout and stand up. Fighting with them is easier than to just sit here and watch their disappointed faces. "I'm not some innocent little girl! I'm a teenager! I make my own decisions and I decided to do what I did because I wanted to do it! And I don't care what you have to say about it, I really don't so don't say anything".

And with that I leave the living room and rush up the stairs. I run towards my room and throw myself onto the bed, crying into my pillow.

I hate my life! I hate it, hate it, hate it! I hate what I've become. I hate how my life has turned out.

Right now I just feel like I want my heart to stop beating. I want to stop breathing. I don't want to live. I don't want to continue breathing... I want to...