Chapter 8

Jay showed up the next morning to the hospital to start her shift. The first thing she did was go to Harry's room to check on the boys, only to find them both curled up together in the small bed. She just shook her head, smiled and walked out letting them sleep.
She and Louis' dad, Mark knew Lou was gay. Louis told them years ago, and they were fine with that. They both loved Lou for the wonderful human being he is, not for who he might end up falling in love with.
Just as she turned the corner, heading to her station, she saw Gemma running down the hallway with a look of pure terror on her face.

"Whoa, Gemma, what's wrong love?" Jay asks her.

"They let dad go. I have to warn Harry. We have to get him out of here." She cried.

"Honey, listen to me. Harry can not leave here, he is in no shape to be walking around outside these walls. Where he is right now is the safest place for him." Jay stressed to her. "We can make sure nobody can get to him unless you approve of them, no one is allowed beyond that door unless buzzed in. Okay, now calm down." She says hugging the scared girl to her.

"I still need to tell Harry just in case. Jay he can't get hurt again. Why would they let him go, it doesn't make sence?" Gem cries.

"I don't know, but if you wait just a sec and let me put my stuff away I'll go with you. Harry is one of my patients today so I might as well check on him while you're talking to him." Jay tells her.

When Gemma followed Jay into her brother's room and saw the way he and Louis was snuggled up together in the bed, she took out her phone and snapped a quick picture. Jay walks up to the bed and carefully wakes the boys up. Louis makes a quick trip to the bathroom while his mom checks on Harry returning to hear that the chest tube can be removed.

Gemma then starts to explain the screw up with their dad. "I have no idea where he is, Harry, but Jay has promised you're safe here. It's when you leave here I'm not sure what we're going to do."

"Well, he's not leaving here for a few more days." Dr. Carson says walking into the room. "Now let's get that tube out. Louis hold his hands for me, I've heard he won't let you leave the room anyway. Harry this is going to hurt like hell, son, so I'll try to be as quick as possible. I'm sorry."

Louis looked right into Harry's eyes, grabbed his hands and just as the doctor started to pull the tube out of his side he leaned down and gave Harry a kiss. Harry was so surprised he let go of one of Louis' hands and wrapped his now free hand around Lou's neck to hold him to him for a longer than intended kiss. When they heard someone clear their throat they broke apart and looked up.

The doctor grinned. "Well that works too. I'll have to tell my other patients to try that." He chuckled. "I'll come back later this evening to check on you Harry. If you're doing okay you might be able to leave here in a couple of days but not before then." He said walking out.

Jay looked at Lou. "Don't work my patient up to much son, he's still connected to the heart monitor, I'll be watching." She laughed seeing them both turn red as she too walked out.

"I really do like your mom, Lou." Gemma smiled.

"Yeah." Louis says rolling his eyes. "She is pretty cool." He states automatically handing Harry a glass of water. "So, what are your plans, or do you have any, concerning your dad?"

"I don't have any." Gemma says. "I really have no clue what to do. He always finds us no matter where we go."

"The last time we ran." Harry adds. "We went to one of Gem's co-worker's house, there should have been no way he could have found us there." Harry shakes his head. "Gem was still sleeping when I got in from school and there he was, sitting on the couch acting like he was Brandon's best friend even after everything we told him."