Prologue

Luke
The first time I saw her, I swear time stood still.
I was sitting in the lobby of the medical building where my mom works, waiting for her to meet me for breakfast. I was completely bitter; hating this life I was thrown into.
I just lost my career, my fiancée, my future. Plus, to top it off, I'm here in small town Montana freezing my ass off.
I lean back in my chair and look around the massive lobby trying to pass time. I hear the automatic doors open just as something catches my attention. The air instantly shifts and I gaze at the most beautiful woman I have ever seen. She shakes the snow off her long chocolate brown hair and pauses to stomp her snow covered boots. I sit there with my mouth agape, not even caring if anyone notices me staring because she is the only thing I see.
As she gets closer I'm tempted to reach out to touch her to make sure she isn't some mirage my brain created in my new hell, but I'm too stunned.
I sit forward in my chair, taking her all in and I briefly wonder what color her eyes are.
As if she heard my thoughts, her honey brown eyes lock on me. A kind soft smile appears on her pink lips and I feel my cheeks flush. Tough Army man, my ass.
She is probably used to awkward men gawking at her, but her smile is so kind. She blushes; probably due to me creeping her out, but I can't tear my eyes away from her.
I want to say something, anything really, but my mouth won't form words.
"Hello." She says as she passes.
I think I mumble a hello back, but I'm not sure.
All too soon she passes me and walks through a set of sliding doors. Shit.
Aside from her amazing ass, I notice she is wearing purple scrub pants. She must work here.
As I wait for my mother, I silently concoct a plan to see this woman again.
For the first time in months, I forget about all my bull shit problems I have been dwelling on.

I lean back in my chair and scratch the stubble of my beard. Maybe Montana won't be so bad after all.