Chapter 3

Today was game day. It was our first game out of the school year and the school was making a big deal out of it. They put up posters and flyers around the whole school and the cheerleaders had to wear their unifroms during class. They also made us wear our jerseys.

It was a home game so I'm pretty sure everyone will be there. I hope Katy is coming. That's all I care who shows up. I want to impress her.

"Hey man pass me the ball!" Chad yelled at me. I must have spaced out when we were playing catch.

I threw the ball back to him and looked around the bleachers. There were some people, but no Katy. The game didn't start till another half hour anyways.

"John go for a long one" Chad said to me and I started sprinting straight then took a sharp turn. He threw a perfect spiral witch landed right in my hands. I smirked then threw it back to him.

"Nice one" I heard a females voice say behind me, I rolled my eyes turning around to my ex girlfriend who was the head cheerleader.

"What do you want" I asked annoyed not really interested in talking to her right now.

"I'm just here to wish you good luck before your game" she giggle and twirled her finger around her hair trying to be cute. God she bothered me.

"Well thanks" I said showing no emotion and started walking away from her.

"I know you miss me" she said making me face her with a disgusted look. She was the last thing I wanted. I dated her sophomore year and it ended badly. I don't know why she's still talking to me.

"Don't act like you don't , I was your first" she giggled and walked closer to me.

I stepped back and shook my head at her.

"I gotta go" I said and walked towards my team to practice with them. I saw Megan walk back to were the cheerleaders were. She must have told them what happened because they were all looking at me, great. I shook it off and began practicing.

Katy's POV

"Come on Katy just come with us. It will be fun" Sofia begged. They were all going to the football game tonight, but I didn't feel like going out tonight. Honestly laying in bed with pizza and watching Netflix sounded so much more fun than going to a stupid football game.

"I don't know guys my parents might not even let me go" I lied. They were out of town for the weekend so I could do whatever I wanted.

"John will be there" Shannon winked. I rolled my eyes and laughed. They always had to bring him up.

"I know that, he's on the team"  I said and sat down on Mia's bed. We all came here after school to get ready for the game or at least they were.

"Then? Didn't he ask you to go?" Sophia asked sitting down next to me.

"Yes, but I don't know" I said.

"You said you would go so you have to" Mia said looking at me through her mirror, putting on eyeliner.

"No I said maybe I'll go" I said.

"If you go I'll buy you pizza next week" Sophia bribed me. Oh she's know me to well.

"Ugh! fine I'll go" I said putting my hands up in defeat. 

"Thata girl" Shannon said pointing at me.

"Now let's get you all pretty for your boyfriend" Mia teased laughing at me as I playfully rolled my eyes.