Chapter 9

I looked at myself in my rear view one last time before I got out of my truck. I was nervous which was rare because I never got nervous, but I guess I never took a girl on a date. I usually just sleep with them and call it night, but I didn't want to do that with Katy. I wanted to get to know her. She was special and tonight I was finally going to tell her how I feel about her, I just hoped she felt the same way.

I closed my door and walked up to Katy's porch. I took a deep breath. Why am I so nervous? I need to get my shit together. I knocked on her door and fixed my hair. I heard footsteps from inside and I straighten myself up. I was wearing a white v neck with a leather jacket and light denim jeans.

The door finally opened, but it wasn't Katy, it was a man who was bald and wore glasses. Maybe it was her dad?

"Are you John?" He asked as he looked me up and down. His face showed no emotion.

"Umm yes sir" I said and offered my hand to shake, but he didn't even move his hand. I put my arm back down, this was awkward.

"And you're taking Katy on a date?" He asked. What was with all the questions. I bit my lip and nodded.

"I want her back at 9:45 sharp, any later and you can't see her again" he said with a straight face. What was his problem.

"Yes sir" I said and then another person came up behind him, it was a shorter woman with short brown hair, I'm guessing she was the mom.

"Oh Keith don't be like that, hi I'm Mary" she smiled and shook my hand. At least she was nice.

"Nice to meet you I'm John" I said kindly.

"We've heard so much about you" she said making me smile. Katy actually talks about me to her parents. Well she probably had no choice cuz her father probably asked her a lot of questions about me.

I gave her a warm smile.

"Here come in, Katy should be ready soon" she said and opened the door wider for me to come in. I looked over at Keith who did not look happy. I didn't know why he didn't like me, he doesn't even know me.

"Thank you" I said and walked in. I followed them into the living room and they sat down on the couch. I sat down on the recliner and sat there feeling a bit awkward. Keith was mad dogging me while Mary was smiling at me. I smiled back at Mary then looked down. Katy needs to hurry up.

The most gorgeous view caught my eyes as I looked up. My mouth literally dropped. Katy's hair was in perfect waves and she was wearing a cute loose black dress that hugged her curves perfectly. She was breathtaking.

"Hey" I smiled at Katy as I stood up and walking towards her. Keith was watching my every move, but I didn't care.

"Hi" she smiled that beautiful smile of hers.

"You look beautiful" I said in awe and Katy's cheek turned a light pink.

"Thank you, you don't to bad yourself" she smirked making me chuckle.

"Thanks, shall we get going?" I said and offered my arm as she laughed and rested her hand on my arm.

"Wait! Before you leave let me take a picture" Mary said as she got her camera out. I laughed at Katy who gave her mom the death stare.