Chapter 6

Well I totally got friend zoned. Honestly I thought we would have gotten somewhere and told each other how we finally felt. But I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, I knew it would be to soon.

It was awkward the rest of the night and I haven't talked to Katy since. She probably thinks I'm mad at her. That's the last thing I would be. I wanted to talk to her already and forget that night ever happened.

I sighed as I walked up to my locker and put my English textbook inside. I still had to talk to my coach today that I wasn't looking forward too. He would probably make me and Chad make up which I didn't want to do right now. It's going to take time for me to forgive him.

In the corner of my eye, I saw Katy walking with Mia, I think that's her name. She looked so beautiful, but when doesn't she. She looked up at me and I smiled, but she didn't return one. She quickly looked back down and walked right past me. That was weird.

I sighed and ran my hand through my thick hair as I closed my locker and swung my backpack over my shoulder. We have class together right now.

"Good morning class" Mr. Palmer said as I walked in and took my seat in the back. Katy was sitting in front of me and she hasn't even looked at me. She always turns around and talks to me. I wonder what is up with her.

I took my binder out of my backpack to get a piece of paper out and take notes.

"Can I have a piece of paper" some girl who sat across from me asked.

"Oh yeah" I said and handed her one. I saw Katy look at us of the corner of her eye.

"Thank you" she smiled and I smiled back at her and nodded.

"You play football right?" The girl asked me.

"Yeah" I said as I wrote my name on my paper.

"I saw you play on Friday. You did good" she complimented. Katy was still watching us and I could tell she was listening to our conversation. I noticed to how she was gripping her pencil tighter. Was she jealous or something?

"Thank you" I smiled. Maybe getting Katy jealous would make her talk to me. I grinned to myself.

"So what's your name?" I asked as I copied down the notes. I looked at Katy who was also copying down the notes. She was writing hard on her paper. It was working.

"Jennifer" she said and tucked her Brunette hair behind her ear. She was pretty, but not as pretty as Katy.

"I'm John" I said to her and continued copying.

"I know" Jennifer smiled and returned to her paper.

I looked at Katy who looked pissed. Her jaw was clenched as she tucked her hair behind her ear as she huffed. Ok I should stop. I purposely dropped my pencil under Katy's desk and tapped her shoulder.

"Can you get my pencil for me?" I asked as Katy turned to face me. She looked really pretty today. She had hardly any make up and her hair was in loose waves.

"Sure" she faked smile and handed me my pencil.

"Thank you" I chuckled and leant forward towards Katy. "By the way, you look pretty today" I whispered in her ear and sat back in my seat.

"You probably say that to all the girls" she said as she turned around to look at me with a straight face.

"Maybe, but I only mean it when it comes to you" I smiled and she instantly started blushing.

"I'm sorry" she said guiltily. I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion.

"For what?" I asked curiously.

"For being a jerk" Katy sighed as I smiled. She's so cute without even knowing it.

"Your not a jerk" I chuckled and she gave me a small smile.

"You will be having a two partner homework assignment that is due next Monday. You will be making a poster on how babies are made. I already picked your partners." Mr. Palmer said making Katy turn around to listen.

"Isaac and Karla"

"Jacob and Melanie"

"Stephanie and Tyler"

"John and Katy"

I smiled to myself as he continued calling out names. That means Katy and I will be spending a lot of time together.

Katy turned around and giggled. "I got stuck with you" she said as she playfully rolled her eyes.

"You know you like my company" I teased making her shake her head.

"Maybe" she grinned as she turned back around. I sighed happily. What is she doing to me.

This is a short, sucky chapter I'm sorry, but I will make it up soon